has anyone ever used these?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterbaiter

Reaction score
I picked up some deep cycle batteries from a guy on craigslist who works on those little carts that the elderly and obese people cruise around the supermarkets in. The guy has a mess load of them all tested and fully charged and selling them for 5 bucks each they are light as can be and think they would be a good alternative for my boat to reduce the weight of having 2 full size batteries. has anyone ever used these for a small trolling motor, fish finder , live well etc.

Attachments

• batter1.jpg
    batter1.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 434
  • batter2.jpg
    batter2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 434
  • battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 434
the one is cracked on top ( only plastic handle part) cause it fell as I slipped in the driveway. gotta love this never ending winter lol

it looks like the one only has a reserve of 35 amp hours
a good deep cycle will have over 100 am hours in reserve
so you wont have that much run time off of those batteries
also when you get batteries you want the to be the same size and age
both factors will determine how long the will last and the run time you will get

@ $5 each you could spend 40 bucks and get 8 and hook the in parallel and see how long you get

I figured for 5 bucks each it was worth a shot. worst case scenario my kids will have a powerwheels battery that lasts a long time

IIRC the Werker is going to be an AGM battery. The Interstate might be an SLA or an AGM. Check which type f battery they are and make sure you use the appropriate charger for them. If they are AGM you want to make sure they stay fully charged at all times. An AGM will eat itself if left uncharged.

Probably make great FF or livewell batteries, but question using 'em for the TM unless you know you won't use the TM much as in a back up only. I use 12v deer feeder batteries for the FF on my yak, can use the FF for 4-6 hrs/trip for several trips before plugging into the charger.

masterbaiter said:
I figured for 5 bucks each it was worth a shot. worst case scenario my kids will have a powerwheels battery that lasts a long time

That's what I thought!

Latest posts