Help me tag and title!(Oklahoma)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlakeRauch

Reaction score
I have a 1032 jon boat that I would like to start taking out on small lakes. It's always been a pond boat and I don't think I have a title for it or anything like that. I know you have to tag any boat that you take on a lake in OK but can I get the tag without a title? Suggestions?

Your best bet is to contact a DMV and get the facts.

I had the exact same situation (I'm also in OK). I had to submit a signed and notarized statement saying my Jon had never been registered or titled and explaining its history. Mine also didn't have a s/n so game and fish had to come out and assign me one as a home built craft. After all that, I received a title and was able to tag it. The dmv made it seem like it was going to be a big deal but it was really easy besides going to a notary. The state run dmv website has the process outlined and who to contact.

Thank you Mnolting! I just went out to look and found that mine has a serial number. So should my local tag agency know about this statement that allows me to get a title?

Turned out to be a super easy process. Had to write a little statement saying the boat had always been on my property, never been registered because it was used on local ponds, blah blah blah... Have the local tag agency notarize it. Sign a few forms... Boom, title.

Latest posts