help set up lowe 1860

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clinchmtnboy

Reaction score
I sold my 1999 Crestliner v. and committed to buy Lowe 1860 tiller. I have to wait a week or so for the trailer to arrive, then I move the boat to have 60 mercury installed. I will be carrying three batteries aside from starting battery. I plan building a grab bar console in front of back seat for storage and the comfortable stand up steering. Where do you think these three batteries would best be located? (back middle or front middle behind short front deck). Thanks!

I think the boat would ride smoother in chop and sit more level at rest w the batteries in the front. I assume you're getting a 24v bow mount trolling motor? and it would probably be easier to wire it up w the batteries up front. You could also test drive the boat w the batteries in both locations to see what difference it might make before installing them.

Will you use the boat with other people aboard? I keep my tm battery up front and starting battery in back I haven't added my third battery for livewell and fish finder yet but it will also go up front

Thanks for the advice fellows! I usually fish with one other person. I think ill make a battery box and try it before attachment.

I would say front middle. Now you can fill up milk jugs and put them in the boat to test it out this way you can move things around to find out exactly what works best for you