How many rods do you keep on your boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 spinning rods between my girlfriend and I.

2 M 's that see 95% of the action, 2 UL's for Panfish/Trout, And 2 backups with replaced tips that might as well be clubs lol

6 to 8 for catfishing and striper fishing.
2 if I'm casting for bass or stripers
1 if I'm bait fishing
1 if I'm bowfishing; sometimes I like to foul hook instead of shooting.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=352891#p352891 said:
Lost Pole » Today, 11:19[/url]"]2- 10' BnM rods w/ Solo reels spooled with 6# hi vis mono

You sound like one of those disgusting perch jerkers :sick:

... I'm one too! :wink:

Why only 2, because of where you live and a rod limit?

On most of the lakes around here I'll troll with 4-6 at a time by myself. We have a 3 pole limit on 2 lakes here but I still take 6 and fish with 3 and keep 3 in reserve in case I break off or want to change jig colors.

Depends on what I am fishing for. Bass and panfish or stock trout it's usually a baitcaster and two spinning rods. Salmon and lakers I bring all my lead core and wire and downrigger rods, usually about 5 of them.

As my cousin (fishing partner) and I are both "perch-jerkers" (crappie fishermen) and catfishing fanatics, we usually have 5 rods each aboard.

yours, satx

I keep 8, 4 spinning and 4 counters.
I use same spinning reel and same counter reel on all. I have 2 backup reels of each tucked away fully stringed ready to put on pole, if have issues with any.

Depends on what I'm fishing for , and how many people on the boat. By myself, this time of year, I carry 5 total. Two trolling rods (bait cast identical set-ups), and 3 spinning rods. My daughter has her two spincasts if she's along. A buddy will usually bring 2-3 along when he goes. There are times when 3 people will be on the boat, and I limit to 2 rods each unless we're live bait fishing.

Really just all depends on what we're doing.

On my boat - 7, 2 MH BC's, 3 M BC's & 1 H Spinning & 1 M Spinning - though I'm in the process of adding more MH BC rods to my collection and will trade out one more medium for a heavier rod.

As a guest I ask first if 3 is too many - but I've always brought 3 - MH BC, M BC & M Spinning

I'll rig up when I get to the water unless it's a body I fish all the time and I'm fairly certain of the pattern.

Latest posts