How tight did you make your side bunks?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucescoflathead

Reaction score
I made some brackets for home made side bunks for my trailer. I have a flat bottom jon. My question is how much clearance do you leave on the side bunks? My brackets are made out of 1/4 inch steel so they will not flex much. Thanks Todd

On my side bunks I allowed 1" of clearance on each side. The vertical guide poles (PVC covered angle iron) at the rear have a couple of inches on each side.

My side bunks usually do not contact the boat until the boat reaches the axle area as they are only about 10" tall. So far it has worked well in both wind and current.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=342233#p342233 said:
Colbyt » 19 Feb 2014, 13:08[/url]"]On my side bunks I allowed 1" of clearance on each side. The vertical guide poles (PVC covered angle iron) at the rear have a couple of inches on each side.

My side bunks usually do not contact the boat until the boat reaches the axle area as they are only about 10" tall. So far it has worked well in both wind and current.

Mine have about 1" space, as well. My guide on's are straped to the outside of the bunks.

the side bunks put your boat where its supposed to be on the trailer ,side to side . if they aren't strong enuf to stand a sidewind or current approach you could be as they say "one hole off " one rib makes a difference keep em tight .
as always just my opinion
Ed

Latest posts