How to wire in the trolling motor?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trout commander

Reaction score
Wondering what circuit breakers to use on my MK PDV2 55 lb thrust. My previous motor was just hooked up to the battery with wing nuts.. I just want to do a better job with the new bow mount,

To expand on this question.... I got a 50 amp and the posts seem really small to wire 6 or even 8 guage to it. Anyone have a picture? Thanks!

nlittle said:
To expand on this question.... I got a 50 amp and the posts seem really small to wire 6 or even 8 guage to it. Anyone have a picture? Thanks!
Don't have a pic, but the posts on mine are pretty small too. Shouldn't be a problem finding ring terminals (lugs), you just need to find out what size the posts are.
There's lots of choices for the post size on Ring Terminals

I don't have a pic of mine but here's a sketch of what I did. Take 2 pieces of aluminum or copper what ever you have on hand. (I used aluminum) Cut to shape/size and drill holes. Green outline is for circuit breakers.

CB holder.jpg

1 = Main CB
2 = Spare CB in stored position
3 = Large hole for battery post
4 = Hole for ring terminal from TM wire
5 = Holes for CB post/lug

With this setup, if I have a CB go bad while I'm out fishing, I can use the pliars out of my tool box to install the backup CB and it doesn't ruin a whole day of fishing because I don't have a TM.

Latest posts