Hudson Lake n.e. oklahoma

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slabmaster

Reaction score
water is stained more than usuall. elev is 6/10 above normal pool. fish are biteing from one end of the lake to the other. the key is finding the big ones. shad are spawnning in the creeks. the water is a little clearer in the backs of the creeks. not gonna go much farther as i am sure you guys can put the rest together. excellent top water bite right now. wake baits , buzz baits and chuggerrs all do the trick. if there is current in the river section of the lake find eddies and fish will be there. after the sun comes up the worm bite is turning on pretty good. fishing a tournament there 6-13-09 with tulsa bass anglers so if you want more info on hudson pm me and i will tell you specifics after the weekend. hope this helps.

Tell us a little about this lake - "river in the lake" sounds way cool, we do not have any lakes around here like that.

How big is this lake?

the river portion starts where grand lake of the cherokees empties out of the dam. it is about 27 miles long approx. 1/2 of its length is a river system approx 1/2 mile wide to 3/4 mile wide. there are three major creek arms in the river portion. the creek arms are loaded with standing timber and stump beds. the mouths of the feeder creeks all have good eddy currents when the main river is flowing. all these eddies hold big largemouth bass. all the creeks hold excellent numbers of largemouth bass the river has an average depth of 15 ft. the lake portion is where the river widens 2to 3 miles wide. as it widens it gets deeper with an average depth of 40 ft.the lake has lots of bluff lines on the channel side and long gravel points with stumps on the none channel sides of the lake. there are numerous open water flats. grass beds are numerous in the lake portion. lots of laydown timber in the river system. navigation in the river system is hazardous. we made a desicion to fish the lake and got or tails kicked.we caught 4 fish weighing 8.33 lbs and the winners fished up the river . 5 fish 23.23 lbs and they culled 13 fish. guy that won told me his smallest fish was 3.4 lbs. they caught them on crank baits in the eddies and flipping laydown timber on the river edge. sweetbeavers and fat free citrus shad

Latest posts