Humminbird 570di vs. Lowarance mark-5x dsi

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njTom

Reaction score
Ok guys I know their are a few other topics on here from members asking which fishfinder is the best for the buck or brand vs. brand but I am looking for opinions on two specific models. I have only owned one other fishfinder (Garmin 300C) that I added to my Lowe 1448t mod which was a low end basic unit. I don't fish tournaments so I don't need all the bells and whistles but I did some research on the two models and they are in my price range and fit my needs as far a depth/fish finder go. I like the 300.00 price tag and the down imaging is an upgrade from what I already use. I read that the Humminbird 2d sonar is much better than the Lowarance, but also read that the down imaging on the Lowarance is much better than the Humminbird. I have recently purchased a new to me 2000 Bass Tracker Pro 165 and would like to add one of these to the bow. I am heading to Baltimore MD in Feburary with wife and kids for my birthday and one of our stops(thanks to wife) is the Bass Pro Shop in Hanover. I would like to hear anyone's opinion about the two models, if you own one, have done any research on them, or just are knowledgeable about fishfinders and could help me decide which one to purchase before I head to BPS.

Thanks
Tom

BUY THAT LOCATOR YET? DO YOUR HOME WORK AS I UNDERSTAND THERES MORE EXPENSE INVOLVED TO GET DI FROM LOWARANCE UNIT IN THE FORM OF HI DOLLAR ADD ON ELECTRONICS WHEREAS HUMMINBIRD COMES LL YOU NEED FOR THE MONEY DONT QUOTE THIS JUST DO YOUR HOMEWORK.................JIG

jigflip said:
BUY THAT LOCATOR YET? DO YOUR HOME WORK AS I UNDERSTAND THERES MORE EXPENSE INVOLVED TO GET DI FROM LOWARANCE UNIT IN THE FORM OF HI DOLLAR ADD ON ELECTRONICS WHEREAS HUMMINBIRD COMES LL YOU NEED FOR THE MONEY DONT QUOTE THIS JUST DO YOUR HOMEWORK.................JIG

Thanks. we are going the weekend after my birthday (2/16) so I have been reading up on all the reviews between the two models to see which one is better. From what I have read the Humminbird will be a better buy. Hopefully someone at BPS can help me decide which model to choose.

Tom

Well I work at BPS and its kind of a toss up between them. Really if you look at them there really isn't much of a huge differance. If I had to chose one, I would probibly go with the lowrance only because humminbird transducer brackets are cheap chinese made plastic. But like i said its a very close item so it may come down to your own opinion. I will say though the transducer for lowrance is very small compared to the sonar skimmers.

Latest posts