i need help bad plz help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all i need some help really bad i have a 1984 20 hp mercury 2 stork
i got the motor about 7 weeks ago when i went to buy the motor it was working ok but lastnight i tride to start it up of the first time but have no luck i have cheked the plugs they r ok but i am a bit new to this sort of thing so if any one can help me thanks a lot craig

thank you all both for commuing back to me its not the kill swich and its not the lines i have a boat guy comming today hr thinks its the carbs need blowing out because all the gas is going in to all in lines then it stops at the carbs so i will find out to day some tims thanks for all your help E

hi all
the boat guy came today and clend the carbs and put a rebuild kit on it so me and him strat it up and it cut out so he said that he dose not no what to do so i said ok and he lefed i went back to my boat and fired it up and it cut out and out and out so i fired it one more time but that was it i did not rev it up just let it run and it was running fine then as soon as i revd it up it cut out any help not shure what to do thanks E

I know some people have cleaned their carbs and then have the same trouble.Sometimes cleaning them again helps.Might of picked up some crap when you went to start it,doesn't take alot of rust(dirt)to mess up a carb.

I agree with Zum.Sounds like a jet or orifice could be clogged.The carb floats could be set to low not allowing enough fuel to enter the carb bowl.How was the fuel pump?The vacuum pulse pumps can get weak and not flow fuel fast enough.

Like he said,maybe fuel pump issue.
Get it running again have someone squeeze the primer ball(hard)to see if it will stay running,with some throttle.
Mine was dying on me earlier this year,I changed the fuel pump,helped a bit but also had a pin hole in one of my fuel lines.

Don`t know much obout mercurays . this is a good site to find out about them .
https://www.themarinedoctor.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

hi all
thanks for all your help well i have been looking in to this a lot and have come up with some thinks it might be

the fule is good because i had it running at one point for 5 or 6 sec then i moved the shifter/throttle a bit and it cut out .
one thing thats not right is the throttle it is very stif i mean very stif so if it is so hard is it getting in to neutral to start with
any help thanks E

Latest posts