I think I bit off more than I can chew!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
onthewater102 said:
I'm out in Kent, CT over on the NY line, nice to finally meet someone on here from my neck of the woods. I scanned through your post quickly, not quite sure if there is something specific you've got an issue with, but I'm happy to help. Where in this godforsaken liberal hell-hole do you live?

I come from a long line of DIY krauts...engineers, machinists & fabricators, so we've got the best and worst of both worlds...all the know-how and tooling to do anything under the sun, but the meticulous stubborn perfectionist tendencies that tend to make even the most simplistic objectives into an over-engineered drawn out endeavor. If you want an example just look at the spider's web of aluminum framing my father designed for me to support the front deck in my build thread --- all but pointless, the expanding foam supported the load just fine all I really needed was framing for the hatches and the seat support.

If I wasn't in over my head somewhere I wouldn't know where I was :)

I appreciate the offer. I am located in Milford near the shore. Quite a ways from Kent.
Rob

sonny.barile said:
Barefoot You are so right. I am a Mechanical Designer with 30 years experience and I over think even the smallest things.

I swear if it wasn't for my wife it would take me 3 months of research to paint a door. :LOL2:

Funny, I can totally relate to both the over-thinking and the wife part.