inline fuses

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

authentic

Reaction score
Where do people here order your inline fuses from? Also, what fuses (and holders?) should I be getting for my accessories? I think I have the rest of my order figured out for my wiring, other than that one part. I assume it'd be wise to fuse each accessory (fish finder, lights, bilge, outlets)

those are good... but for most of your accessories, you don't need more than a 5amp fuse. Fishfinders are usually 3amp, most accessories pull about 2.5-3amps so a 20amp is just a little too much to protect what you are actually trying to protect from being overheated or overpowered.

https://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102784 - this is just the fuse holder.. you can get a pack of fuses in packs of 5 or so

Good call. I'm pretty sure I used 5 amp, but I will double check now.
Any idea what size fuse I should use for the cigerette lighter outlet? I'm going to be running a spotlight out of it, so I assume that will pull more.

look at your spotlight and see how many amps it draws... that will tell you what size fuse you need to use.

If you know the brand and model I'll look for you... it might not draw as much as you think, but each spotlight is different

Couldn't you just take the formula: Watts = Amps * Volts

By dividing both sides of the equation by Amps you get: Watts/Amps = Volts

By dividing both sides of the equation by Volts you get: Watts/Volts= Amps

For your case, the link you provided states it is a 100W lamp.

100W/12V= 8.3333A

I used the fuse holders for the new style fuses. Sorry I don't remember the actual name of that style fuse.

Radio Shack has a good selection and fairly decent price. I have also bought them from the local AutoZone or Advance Auto. I think even Wal-Mart sell them here.

Latest posts