Installing a fishfinder wtihout drilling holes!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Bill said:
heavy-chevy said:
looks good, your rig looks to nice to drill holes in. my transom looks like swiss cheese, i wasn't even afraid to drill a hole in the bottom of the boat for the console lol.

Wow! Now that's a fishing boat!! It looks fast just sitting still.

Was the console very hard to install? Did the holes leak? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thanks. the console wasn't too hard, but wiring all the switches and key and gauges was a pain. countersunk all the screws n the bottom and sealed them with marine silicone and nothing leaks.

Jim said:
heavy-chevy,
Every time I look at your boat I chuckle a bit. You need to paint it red and put flames all over it, and chrome out everything you can. :LOL2:

Jim, I think heavy-chevy needs to do just that! What a neat looking boat! =D>

Just looking at his photo makes me believe that motor is at least 150 HP! :D :D

When I first saw Heavy-chevy's sig I thought it was a photoshop job.

Red w/flames is definitely the way to go!!! :mrgreen:

lol, yea all my projects turn out like this. last summers project was a rotax snowmobile powered ez-go golf cart...

Can some one tell me who makes the Alum transom mounts shown in this thread and where I can find them? Looks like what I need for my transducer in lieu of drilling.

Buck

Cabelas

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0000844010095a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=transducer+mount&sort=all&Go.y=0&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=0&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

Saw it, liked it....made one for my boat. I love the simple idea of using the oar holes to mount the fish finder. I have to rig my transducer up now becuase I hate having it on my trolling motor!

Thanks for the great idea!

Bufford in Orlando

i use my oarlocks for rod holders,so i cut a piece of 1" tubing the depth of my transom,painted it,mounted my transducer to it and c clamped i on.you cant even see it,cuz its the same color as the boat.

Wow I have the same fishfinder (PiranhaMax 215)... but what I did was used a large hose clamp and tightened the tranducer itself onto the transom mounted trolling motor. For the unit itself, I just used an existing mount spot to bolt mine in.

Either way yours looks good!