Is 12 ft bass boat 2 small?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbacca

Reaction score
Guys,
At Jim’s suggestion I went to Craigslist looking for a jon boat. (Thanks for the tip Jim) My original idea was to buy a 1448 but I found a nice 12ft for 200.00 so……. now I contemplating buying a 12f, but is 12 ft bass boat 2 small? I only fish with my daughter or my dad. Could you please let me know what you think? :|

Thanks
Rbacca

With a jon boat width is just as important(if not more so than length). How are you moving it? Back of pickup? Trailer?
I like my 14' jon. I can easily fish with 2 adults, and two kids.
12 foot would work for me, if I only fished with one other person, or by myself.
Mary

by reading most of the post on here some have twelves and they always end up wanting a larger one but to each his own some love their twelves i just up to what you will use it for

12 will work, but we need more specs. If its a thin 12 footer, and your not planning to do any fancy mods to it, it will work.

If your planning full decks, storage, battery, motor....soup to nuts than it could be an issue.

$200 sounds like a perfect price for a starter jon

plus you can fish some really small lakes/ponds and not feel completely ridiculous with a 12'
nothing like pulling up to a large puddle with a fishing yacht

russo said:
plus you can fish some really small lakes/ponds and not feel completely ridiculous with a 12'
nothing like pulling up to a large puddle with a fishing yacht
Wow, you are really right. I was fishing a 55 acre electric only last Sunday and look over and this 20' glass bass boat decked out with every gadget to catch fish and a 115horse motor :shock: floats by me.
I'm thinking what over kill for a bluegill, catfish lake.
But I guess it's all about getting on the water and catching the fish. :D

Latest posts