Is Your Motor Clamped, Bolted, or Both

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neither. I just hold it with my hands kinda like Ving Rhames in the movie Piranhas 3D. Just kiddin, its bolted and clamped. Its only bolted because its on a jackplate. 25hp Evinrude.

Attachments

• ving-rhames-piranha-3dd.jpg
    ving-rhames-piranha-3dd.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 366
30 'Rude, clamped and bolted. No way I would only trust clamps with a motor that goes fast enough to get your boat on a plane.

tohatsu 25 mega(40 horse) bolted with clamps cut off. i have seen one to many walk off a transom and float down to the deep

Mine is just clamped. I don't ser the point of bolting unless it is a non Tiller motor or its at least 40 hp or more. Why bolt a 15 hp on a boat? Security reasons?

in case your clamps come loose. you will either end up with a running motor in your boat or be missin a motor. a 15 might not be need to be bolted but its peace of mind

15hp tiller Honda is bolted and clamped. The bolts have 5200 on them too. I'm not making it easy for anyone.

40hp Mercury remote steering has four bolts on trim plate which is bolted to transom.