It's here

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
JUDGE.jpg

Need to go to the range and do some test firing. Needs a cleaning to get some of the extra shipping oils off of it first.

Never fired a hand cannon like that before. Gonna be interesting to be sure. How to tell my wife I bought it... That's gonna be interesting too.

Heck, she told me several times to buy it. I kept saying no. This time I'll bring it up and she'll say go buy it (thinking I won't) and I'll say OK.

Haha...best way is to get it a little dirty and then let her see it...and be like, "Oh, I have had it for a coons age!"

Jdholmes said:
Haha...best way is to get it a little dirty and then let her see it...and be like, "Oh, I have had it for a coons age!"

That might work one some women, or maybe with my wife and fishing rods, But not a Stainless Steel pistol. She knows her way around firearms enough to know new and old and she knows what weapons we have. Told her I was going to look at guns with my buddy and mentioned the Judge. She "inferred' it would be acceptable if I considered buying one. Guess that's my in. Bad news is the gun ranges around here won't let me shoot shot shells inside. The closest outdoor range charges a hunk of money. Have to do some research.

Popeye, bring it up to my place, you can stand on the front porch and blast away. =D> Heck, if you want to you can sit in the house and shoot out the window.

Popeye said:
Never fired a hand cannon like that before. Gonna be interesting to be sure. How to tell my wife I bought it... That's gonna be interesting too.

I bought a new 9mm carbine rifle right around Valentines Day. I got my wife some earings and she said "I thought we weren't doing gifts?" I then went to my safe and brought up my new gun and told her this is what she bought me. She said "well played" and all is good.

As for telling your wife, I'll leave that up to you and Ahab to figure out. :LOL2:

Considering the other places I've found to shoot are nearly half that distance and have a hefty range fee, that's probably not that outrageous of an idea. And I just got off the phone with her and she has no problem with me getting it. Wonder what I'll buy next?

Very nice gun! I have a stainless one with a 3 inch barrel...2.5" shells. Its alot more accrate than people give it credit for. The self defense round with the shot and 3 copper discs is actually pretty amazing. At least 2 of the discs would hit a 1x2 foot box from 20-30 steps. I really like it with the colts in it too!

If you are looking for a nice little plinker gun, I have been eyeing the colt 1911 .22's.

Beautiful looking little guns with the same behaviors and feel of a true 1911 and you can shoot all day for pennies.

Popeye said:

Most of the 45 long colt factory loads on the shelves are not really hand cannon loads because they are tamed way down to shoot in cowboy matches and in old guns not able to tolerate the potential of a 45 long colt full load which is equal to a 44 magnum (maybe a little more). Some manufacturers do make full loads though, CORBON is one, they are many times marked for TC Contender or Ruger Blackhawk only. Your gun will probably shoot the full loads ok too.

Tim

I just picked up a new Ruger SR9c last night

SR9c.jpg

Last night I took it apart and cleaned it up from all the shipping grease and hope to get to the range today after my doctor appointment.

Popeye said:
I just picked up a new Ruger SR9c last night

SR9c.jpg

Last night I took it apart and cleaned it up from all the shipping grease and hope to get to the range today after my doctor appointment.

Very nice choice man.

Latest posts