JD Baits Grub: Both Quantity and Quality

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinsMyLife

Reaction score
When I got home from a Carolina baseball game, I tied on a jighead and threaded on a JD Baits grub that I won in the giveaway. I tried a different pond than usual and it worked out pretty well. On my first cast I caught one. I had hardly any hits and misses, and I used up 4 grubs when I got the tail pulled off two and bass threw two. The range of sizes was from 1/2 a pound to 2 1/2 pounds. I had 3 fish that were over 2 pounds, with the other 9 under 2. The jighead I used might have been overkill, but the fish didn't mind, and it added enough weight that I could throw the bait on a baitcaster.

Reaction strike? I don't think so...
zzz-7.jpg

Two of the bigger fish
z-5.jpg

zz-5.jpg

sounds like I might have to order some grubs, what color were/are they, also how heavy a jig head were you using, looks about the right size to me

Maybe the jighead isn't too big, I don't know. I think it is 1/4 of an ounce, but once again I don't know for sure. It might be the right weight, but the hook was too long. The jighead came with a pack of Storm Crawfish. The color of the grubs was Salt and Pepper.

WOW nice bass!!! i knew they would be a hot color, just wish I had a few on me yesterday #-o . If anyone is intrested I need your orders A.S.A.P!!! We only have a few days left to pour before the move so things will be first come first serve, then hopefully well be backup by the start of June.

Edit. Thats all folks I wont be able to fill anymore orders, well be packing up the shop tonight, movers will be here tomorrow

Nice fish, you make me jealous with all those LM pics. I have yet to really even fish that much for them. I am anticipating a good summer though. Keep the pics coming

BassAddict said:
WOW nice bass!!! i knew they would be a hot color, just wish I had a few on me yesterday #-o . If anyone is intrested I need your orders A.S.A.P!!! We only have a few days left to pour before the move so things will be first come first serve, then hopefully well be backup by the start of June.

Edit. Thats all folks I wont be able to fill anymore orders, well be packing up the shop tonight, movers will be here tomorrow
#-o let us know when your back up and running

shortfish said:
just curious what kind of line is that.
Suffix Braid in 65lb. I bought it for fishing frogs in the thick stuff, but that Curado lets me throw lighter baits than what I used to be able to do, so I use it for more than just frogs. I was running a 2 foot leader of 12lb Stren mono.

Latest posts