Jon Boat Seat Mount -- My Version

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuonthewater

Reaction score
Hi all, new here, have not posted much....yet. I wanted to mount a seat to my jon boat bench. Looked and looked and looked at all the options available from manufactures. Didn't like any of them for various reasons so came up with this idea. Hopefully the pics tell the majority of the story but the parts list was:

Tempress Seat
Swivel base
3/4" oak plywood
Angle iron
3/4" wood screws
Washers
Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Satin Italian Olive paint

Measure twice, cut once. Slides perfectly over the bench. Does not move at all with my weight on it (220lbs) while boating...or sitting in the garage w/ no weght on it for that matter. If I decide I don't like the position I can just pick it up and move it. No holes drilled in the boat. For my needs, I'm very happy with the end product.

So far I'm a fair weather boater/fisherman (first boat) so not too worried about the wood getting wet. Boat stays in the garage when not in use.

Really enjoy this site and reading the posts daily. Pics of the boat coming as soon as I can remember to bring the camera w/ when we go out.

Attachments

• Seat1.jpg
    Seat1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 638
  • Seat2.jpg
    Seat2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 638
  • Seat3.jpg
    Seat3.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 638
  • Seat4.jpg
    Seat4.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 638
I had the same set up on my 12' v-hull. My buddy was sitting in the seat and straddling the bench, he leaned back and the seat started to come up. His arms were waiving like made and over the side he went, I was laughing so hard i cried, my ribs hurt for days :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

So far, its just his silly a** and my 2 year old (3 1/2 now) that have fallen out of my various boats :LOL2: :LOL2:

Good deal, thanks for posting this. Now I can have a project to keep me from messing with my new/old motor for a while.

I really wanted to get some kind of seat in my boat but I didn't want to pay a bunch of money for a slide nor did I want to have the seat stationary.

Simple, yet a real good idea. I wonder why I have so much trouble with the "little" things. :?

Latest posts