Junction Block Good or Bad idea?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIMMYTHEFISH

Reaction score
I want my two batteries in the front of my 14ft Jon to balance weight. I sit in the back and have a transom trolling motor. I saw a member post a pic of his Jon. He had mounted a positive and negative post to a cutting board on the back bench, where I assumed he would attach his T.M. The posts were totaly exposed. Is this a problem when water / rain comes in contact? If these posts are safe I would like to connect my Bilge and Fishfinder to the posts as well. Anybody got some tips? Thanks

Attachments

• JUNCTION BLOCK.jpg
    JUNCTION BLOCK.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 788
I would try to keep the covered. The rule of 'bad luck' requires that any exposed battery terminals will attract anything metal in the hull. My stupid metal fish net pole was trying to hop on top of mine this summer.

i took a small tupperware box, cut a notch on each side and enclosed each connection within their own box. taped the lid on and have been running it for a couple years now.

thanks! Sorry it took me a couple days. I used a jumper cable from the battery that's in the front to the back, put a giant eye connector on and bolted the ends up with a big stainless nut and bolt.

Thanks for the idea. That might just work out perfectly. SInce I remove the trolling motor after every trip this box idea would be sweet.