Just Bought a Sears Gamefisher 1232 with trailer... Mistake?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bLaZe0023

Reaction score
Im new to this and unfortunately I bought a 1232 Gamefisher before I found this site and now that I've looked through some of the mod's on here I'm DYING to do it to mine but as I've read through I realized my 1232 might be too narrow to try anything. Do you guys think a "Low" decking will be too much for this boat? Or is it a disaster waiting to happen... #-o

Attachments

• CIMG0047.jpg
    CIMG0047.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,673
I have a fairly similar boat, 1236, and I was disappointed to see that most of the cool mods around here are not feasible for me. But I decided to make the most of what I have in functionality, looks, and safety. I think I will be very happy in the end, even without a high casting deck, hatches tons of storage, live well, etc...

I will have swivel seats, a carpeted floor and benches, nice paint, small front deck. Add some foam under the floor boards in case of swamping. If I want more boat later, I'll sell my really nice 12 footer . :)

Do a little work on it then sell it make a profit then buy your next boat.

Like they said. Use what you've got and make the most of it. Don't feel disappointed - I think many (including me) bought too small at first and moved up. Don't look at as a right or wrong decision - learn from it and maybe you'll make a different decision next time. There is something to be said for getting into little ponds with a 1232. It's just a different thing not better, not worse than others. Don't forget, it can always serve as your "second" boat when and if you move up. Lots of guys here have 2 boats - one puddle jumper and one for bigger water. Don't stress about it, just get out and have some fun. Welcome.

Yeah, Thanks you guys. I guess i can do a little painting and sprucing up then make a little profit. Definately not going to try anything dramatic like taking out the middle seat as i had planned lol. At least with my next boat ill know what im looking for!

I know size matters, however everyone can't have the perfect platform to start with. I have had 2 different 12 footers and I know for a fact I put more pounds of fish in those 2 boats than I did in 2 fiberglass bass rigs!! Now to make you feel bad, today I traded my ancient 12 footer for a 16' Terry bass boat that needs lots of tlc, even swap I might add!! Okay now get back to work!!

Encoreman said:
I know size matters, however everyone can't have the perfect platform to start with. I have had 2 different 12 footers and I know for a fact I put more pounds of fish in those 2 boats than I did in 2 fiberglass bass rigs!! Now to make you feel bad, today I traded my ancient 12 footer for a 16' Terry bass boat that needs lots of tlc, even swap I might add!! Okay now get back to work!!

Haha! Be sure to post your project! I've learned more in the past three days on here than i have ever before! Cant wait to see what you do with your 16' gem.

Hi! From Puerto rico. I to have a 12' gamefisher (15hp). Check out my post and look at the pictures and you will see their no mistake, just be creative with safety first in mind. I do fly fishing from it put 100 pound Tarpons inside and i am a big guy 286lbs and that little boat can take that and much more. I am going to post how the boat looks know. I even have led lights, and music. The only thing is that the high front deck is a no go and from my experience no need for it.

From my mistake
tarpon30lbs.jpg

Mine is going on the market in April, like it a lot but fishing mostly alone, going in and out at launches ( in a hurry) can be a pain. biggest problem for me, It is a ***** to get into when it sits in water (docked) too wobbly. with the front beached on the ramp, no problems, but is not always possible. Good luck .

i was in the same boat as you with my 1432... basically a glorifed flatbottom canoe! LOL but i just decided to fix it up nice, add a low deck and a little storage, add a motor and do some fishing with it to decide what i would like when i was ready to move up to a bigger boat. I got my boat, trolling motor, and trailer for 200 so theres room for profit... the key is if you want nice things on the boat you have now try to spend the big bucks on things that can transfer to your next boat (fish finder, seats, motor, etc...)

You will never have the perfect boat. As soon as you get what you think is the perfect boat you find something elseyou like better. It would not be hard to remove the middle seat from that boat and open it up and put a low deck. check out my pics from my small v boat project for some ideas.

Latest posts