Kayak help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Ahab said:
Please post and let bassaddict know how proud you are that he caught a fish.

He is needy
I hate you, I am removing my location immediately........
WaterWaif said:
I'm very proud of you B.A. ! :mrgreen:
What did you change to take the curse off your kayak?
Thank you for the kind remark!!! It was an evening bass, hence he was not scared off by the color of my yak. Should I sand and prime it before I paint?

I think you should use this opportunity to repaint your kayak to attract the bass rather than scare them away. There are many crank baits that are kayak-shaped and could serve as models for a new paint scheme.

The bass may have some scale issues to come to terms with given the size difference between lures and kayaks but it seems likely that such a paint scheme would tend to attract only the largest of their kind.

Good luck. As a new kayak fisherman I will be watching your progress closely.

BassAddict said:
Captain Ahab said:
Please post and let bassaddict know how proud you are that he caught a fish.

He is needy
I hate you, I am removing my location immediately........
WaterWaif said:
I'm very proud of you B.A. ! :mrgreen:
What did you change to take the curse off your kayak?
Thank you for the kind remark!!! It was an evening bass, hence he was not scared off by the color of my yak. Should I sand and prime it before I paint?
It's difficult to sand and prime a bass. The thin skin risks tears.
The yak would be yet another challenge. Mainly of color choice.
Matching the sky helps but the sky varies.
The well traveled and used tin boat color seems best for me.
Fish will dive or run when brought near a color that contrasts with their environment. Maybe why banana's are such a jinx.
A version of WW2 camo pattern maybe,with blue and grey and gunmetal colors instead....
Of course if primer color is one of them; as paint wears, and flakes and scratches expose the base layer it's a win win.

Let's see. Paint a yak the color of a lure...that looks a lot like a fish....

THEN, go BTB (Beyond the Breakers) where the brave Texans go (not me ) with their 12 foot yaks to catch 5 and 6 foot sharks........

See if your new yak could attract the REALLY big ten foot sharks that sometimes slip near the Galveston / Bolivar Beaches.

Only guy going to have fun on that trip, will be the guy on the beach with a long-lens camera.

Have fun...... richg99

POTD-6-27-13-High-Island-Bull-Shark.jpg

I've been holding out on posting this, it proves my theory is flawed.....

Caught on a green pumpkin senko, the same color as my yack...... However it was also a banana bass, providing Ahabs superstitious insanity of being anti banana just plain stupid and WRONG

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1438602341950.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1438602341950.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 488
Nice Job Denny! You need a mounted gopro camera or equivalent for your epic fishing adventures. I hear they have 5 minute loops so they can run all day and you just stop it when you catch a fish.

Jim said:
Nice Job Denny! You need a mounted gopro camera or equivalent for your epic fishing adventures. I hear they have 5 minute loops so they can run all day and you just stop it when you catch a fish.
Thanks Jim, and I was thinking the same thing about the gopro. It was a little hectic with handling the fish, rod, ect and taking a picture. In my disorganized haste she jumped out of the yack (good thing I flipped the bail!!) and I got to fight her again. All in all good bass, probably around 3lbs and I know there are bigger in that lake! Just need to install an anchor trolley and spend some time on the spot instead of a quick drift by.....

Latest posts