Lake Barkley 4-21&22-09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaarc

Reaction score
Me and a buddy made it down to Lake Barkley Tue and Wed this week. Tue was not good very windy and few bites no keepers. Wed things got better the wind died down and we were able to get the boat to some more locations. Still only one keeper but lots of fish cought mostly bass and zero crappie :( which is what we went for. Oh well it was still a blast catching what we did. Here's a few pics of the haul.hunting and fishing 017.jpg

Attachments

• hunting and fishing 012.jpg
    hunting and fishing 012.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 103
  • hunting and fishing 010.jpg
    hunting and fishing 010.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 103
  • hunting and fishing 013.jpg
    hunting and fishing 013.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 103
  • hunting and fishing 015.jpg
    hunting and fishing 015.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 103
Looks like you had the same results that I have had the last couple of weeks. They are burning the crappie up down in TN. I don't understand it. :-k

It's not looking particularly good for my 3 day weekend. I may just have to bass fish and leave the crappie alone. I think the wind is supposed to be 20mph tomorrow so that will knock me out of a lot of options anyway.

Quackrstackr said:
Looks like you had the same results that I have had the last couple of weeks. They are burning the crappie up down in TN. I don't understand it. :-k

It's not looking particularly good for my 3 day weekend. I may just have to bass fish and leave the crappie alone. I think the wind is supposed to be 20mph tomorrow so that will knock me out of a lot of options anyway.

Yea it seems like the wind blows heavy all the time anymore. When we were there we got all the bites in the back of the coves. I did'nt here of anyone catching any crappie.

Dave

I whacked the bass on KY until about 9 this morning and then they just quit like someone threw a switch. I talked to two other boats at the ramp that said the same thing. The wind got really bad this morning. It's the first trip this year that I called because of the wind but you literally could not fish.

I never saw the first crappie caught and there were several boats in Blood River crappie fishing when I ran in there to do a bit of prospecting.

Latest posts