Late March- Lady Bird Lake

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acuna

Reaction score
Been having a ball with my boat lately. Lady Bird Lake is an electric only motor close to home and the fish have been tearing it up. Squarebills and Dineros are the ticket. More open water throwing the crank and then flipping the Dinero into grass pockets. Power fishing at its finest! Get it while it lasts!

Tight lines,
Andrew

I'm not the best about getting pics while out fishing unless but do have a few...

Not from a jonboat, but a quick bank trip during my lunch hour:

lbl4-1.jpg

Here are a couple from some trips before work (morning bite has been excellent):

lbl3-1.jpg

lbl2-1.jpg

This morning I was done at around 8:20 and headed out to the dock and found this:

lbl5.jpg

So I had to wait an hour or so until they were done, went to some structure that was close (so I could keep an eye on the ramp) and ended up catching several like the fish below, it was a sweet bite and the school was really fired up. Caught 3 on 3 casts lat one point 8) :

LBL1-1.png

Also, as far as baits are concerned, I have been using two baits primarily:

1. Academy H2O CRS in one of the chartreuse shades available (I'm not a big color guy on crankbaits and any of theirs will do). Also been using the same bait in one of their white with olive backs or sexy shad. Mainly the chartreuse though...

2. Dinero in either Watermelon Red, Junebugish, or Green Pumpkin. On bright sunny days I have been throwing Sludge. Rigging is either a Texas rig with a 3/16 bullet weight when pitching to structure or a shakeyhead (Paydirt Custom Jigs 1/4 oz. grass jig) when covering more open water. I like the Paydirt head in this lake because their is a fair amount of grass and this rig seems to snag less of it and so I spend less time cleaning off the jig after the cast.

Hope that helps!