Layout programs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b_ray_p

Reaction score
Are there any layout programs or apps that I can use to help with my project?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Probably not specifically for boat layouts.
I did find Autocad to be helpful when planning out all of my floor framing. I was able to locate all the hatches and bracing and draw out the exact cut-out size for decking and hatch lids based off of the drawing. I put rod storage compartments in the floor as well as an additional storage compartment, and incorporated blocking under the decking for a solid seat mount. Since you can't see through plywood, this all would be very hard to do "as you go".

I used Microsoft Visio to do a high level drawing to obtain a basic idea of the layout.

I am looking for something I can use with an existing pic, and kind of overlay the plans, or draw them directly on top of the existing pic?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I use a program called "DIA" to layout wiring diagrams and such. I just checked and you can open jpg's, bitmaps, and such in it an overlay objects that you create from their menu.

Best part it's free.

There are many download sites so I will not post a link, but you can google "Dia Diagram Editor".

Rob

Latest posts