LCD and Plasma

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Remember when the rca wood grain floor model was baller status?

Going to Grace land and seeing the three wood grain floors doesn't look impressive anymore.

I don't have either lcd or plasma. After my car upgrade soon I'll start shopping.

pbw said:

Hey, my mom still has one of those and it works great!

We don't have any flat screens in my house either. Hopefully we will upgrade to one in the near future!

Jim said:
ACarbone624 said:
pbw said:

We don't have any flat screens in my house either. Hopefully we will upgrade to one in the near future!

one day............... :D

On day next year it will have a digital to analog converter! :eek:

Well... we decided to pick the tv up last night(along with all the cables and a huge *** surge protector...ive never in my life bought one this big lol) instead of today...only because C.C. doesnt open until 10 and I sure as hell couldnt wait until 10! lol So here is a pic of her. We still dont have the surround sound speakers in place. We are waiting until the direct tv guy comes to install the hd rec. Then we will get it all hooked up the way it should be. It is insane on the 360. Standard sd on direct tv is ok.. bearable..but not for a long time. I guess if you are going hd you have to go all the way with the rec too. Same thing with the dvd player. We put in a new movie and where we dont have an hd player it kind of sucks. So that will most likely be our next purchase. Anyway.. here it is.

Attachments

• S2010092 (Small).JPG
    S2010092 (Small).JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,491
pbw said:
Jim said:
ACarbone624 said:

one day............... :D

On day next year it will have a digital to analog converter! :eek:

Nah, she already has cable hooked up to it.

Waterwings said:

Thank you thank you!! We are still "tweaking" it. Now looking for an upconverting dvd player.... I should have planned all of the "other"little things better lol. But soon enough it will all be worked out lol

I just wish they would decide what hd format they will be making the new DVD in
I don't want to get a blue ray if they (most companies) go with the hd DVD format...

redbug said:
I just wish they would decide what hd format they will be making the new DVD in
I don't want to get a blue ray if they (most companies) go with the hd DVD format...
that is why we refuse to buy a blue ray player...in case they end up going with just hd... one day one will win over the other and the prices will come down

flounderhead59 said:
All so high tech I get corn-fused. Once I upgrade from the 8-track player to cassettes I'll start looking at newer TV's.

lmfao! My brother in law had a car with a record player in it...factory, I guess....Old school, You know....Your time. :wink:

Waterwings said:
Confuses the heck out of me. We were thinking about getting a newer tv (lcd or plasma), but what we have now (regular 25" flat screen) still works fine, but I still think about a new one :)

I'm rocking two 27-inch back breaking Tubes myself.

Our family TV is a 7-year old Sony WEGA flat panel. I really like it. I think it is a 27" and for our current living room that is plenty big. Got some off name TV/VCR/DVD in the bedroom and the picture is getting dark so I think it's gonna be time to replace it soon. I actually hate having those "All-in-one" TV's but the wife boughtit when I was a Geo-bachelor in the Navy so I didn't have a lot of say so in the matter. Sure wish they would hurry up with our end of year bonuses so I could buy the sleep number bed and a new TV. I don't want to dip into my fishing money stash to buy stuff like that because the wife will start to expect it. And besides, I want to buy a 2-man flip over ice fishing shelter before the fishing derby on the 16th.