Learning to post pics...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloridaBassGirl

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to add an image. so lets see if this works, I have some really awesome pics to share of Florida and the true nature of it :) This is a little gator getting some sun I say little because he was under 10 ft. that is when they are considered on the large side to us crackers...lol
l_b0e5d520584b4c1a98e1d5ebea3d7f5b.jpg

Truckmechanic said:
I believe I will stay and fish in WV...I wouldn't want to mess with that thing! :shock:

LOL That is a SMALL one compared to others in that lake! One day we were fishing in Stick Marsh only saw maybe one gator under 12 ft! I love them and am fascinated with them, but as a Florida gal, I am SO used to them.

BassAddict said:
Cute lil guy!! lol Great Pic!!

Thanks,Glad to get positive feedback on any of my pics:) This particular one is set to be published in a Florida magazine very soon :)
I have several pics I plan on uploading to photobucket and making an album so look out for it :)

poolie said:
So do the gators get ticked off if you bounce a spinnerbait off their head?

not at all...... lol

Some really tend to get pesky but for the majority of the population, they are mellow and ignore you... last one I saw ticked off was from my son (he is 22) cannon balling at it's head, it would move, Matt would cannonball off the rope again at it... I just said "Boy gonna be dumb, be tough"

We use to have fun chucking jitterbugs at them when we lived in Florida and watching them chase it, Shinerman77 set the hook on one but all that came flying back was the eye hook/metal front piece of the lure. That gator must have destroyed the thing on the initial bite!!!!!

Last time I was in Fla I fished istapoka I never saw the beast but i heard her grunting in the weeds She sounded big. I did see one that was around 15' and stayed away from it. very nice picture..

GOD I MISS MY WINTER TRIPS TO FLA

redbug said:
Last time I was in Fla I fished istapoka I never saw the beast but i heard her grunting in the weeds She sounded big. I did see one that was around 15' and stayed away from it. very nice picture..

GOD I MISS MY WINTER TRIPS TO FLA

COOL! :) 15 ft is a decent size. I am infatuated with the critters :) istapoka is a nice place to fish, now you mentioning it, makes me want to hit it :) I know there are some big piggies in there, this time of year you have to really work for them though.... I love the Summer heat... gator or not I fish a bit, then if I get hot I have been known to jump on in and swim a bit to cool off :)

Thanks for the positive on my pic. I am waiting a definite date for publishing. I will post more pics of a few things I am blessed to see on a common basis.

you should come back down - The gators ARE hungry, not a lot of snowbirds this season :wink: LOL

poolie said:
So do the gators get ticked off if you bounce a spinnerbait off their head?
ive caught a few little onees on buzbaits the big ones dont seem to mind it at all

D-Man said:
how's gator meat taste. Nice pic.

It is actually really good... tastes like GATOR lol
no really, it is a sweet meat.. really good.. Many compare it to chicken, but I think it has a distinct flavor of its own, like rabbit, squirrel, or turtle does. ( yes folks, I am just a country girl and have no shame in admitting in eating these things...lol)

My Brothers friend is a gator trapper so I get meat via Bubba often now... in fact, we have a family cookout next weekend, I am frying a big mess of it up for everyone :0)