LED Drive Lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickwb85

Reaction score
Hey guys! Over the holiday I got some good gifts from great friends! I got 2 LED 1080 lumen headlights and some green drop lights for night fishing. I don't have a how to/step by step on the installation, but can answer any questions on the install.

Thoughts?

fa5745e01141c36b40182be98ddd47d7.jpg
18363293132d7d8913c390d3bbdf76a0.jpg
c81a444fe748e1faf574a1693003e1d3.jpg
4a5eea684180b947ae700b15e38ef521.jpg
9e4f4297db5b293190eaad8dbee5cba9.jpg
f0ef4601b21d37136a122a85920d1cdf.jpg
def4b644e3c6824d7b1b23fc048c3ae7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice rig you have going there !!

it has been a few decades since I have used fixed
night lights on a boat - - - - but, on one I had similar
to yours that had a LOT of deck glare from the lights.
I ended up painting the area in the yellow area flat black.
This increased visibility a great deal and is easier on the eyes.
if you try it and like - fine: if not - just repaint it back to your camo.
or, just to experment, try some flat black duck tape. or, cut a piece
of cardboard and paint it flat black to see the difference.
(notice how I keep saying flat black?).
bow lights.jpg

Thanks for your input!

I haven't had a chance to put it on the water yet but I can see where you're coming from. I've got a black rubber mat that i can cut up and use and throw down if I need to and see the difference it will make before painting. LOL and yes, I did notice you mentioned "flat" several times! If i used anything but I would recreate the same problems. Good call sir!

yea, the carpet sounds like the best call !!
if the smooth flat black tape or paint gets wet, you are right back
to where you started with the glare . . . .
but - me being the wimpy kind of boater, if the top of the boat gets wet,
I head for the dock !!! LOL LOL

how are your running lights installed ?
good luck in all your nautical endeavors.

They're just wired to a switch with a fuse inline to the battery. I'll mainly use them for driving and trolling into the stumps where i catch my crappie and catfish, that's why my lights are pointed down like they are. There's a lot of underwater stumps on the way to my honeyhole. The lights are made by Traveller at Tractor Supply, all connections are IP67 rated but recessed completely under the deck, it was pretty quick and painless once i found a way to get the wires through the bow/front deck.

Nice boat! I like the lights on there too. This is something I'm considering on my little 14 footer, maybe just one bright led for some vision at night navigating the weeds or channels in the shallow florida lakes I like to fish.

Fishizzle said:
Nice boat! I like the lights on there too. This is something I'm considering on my little 14 footer, maybe just one bright led for some vision at night navigating the weeds or channels in the shallow florida lakes I like to fish.

I'll let you know how well they work once I'm on the water, pictures too.

1bad97svt said:
How do those green drop lights work? Badass boat man! Love Trackers

I got them at academy. I wired them together, stuck on a fuse and used a spare troller end I have and drop them in!

Latest posts