Left-Behind Trash?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would do you think would remedy the problem of people leaving trash behind at fishing locations (par

• Charge a annual fee to fish at that location

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Aggresively issue littering citations

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Add more trash containers

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Temporarily close that location, posting signs as to why it is closed

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • There's no way to stop it

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other people's trash doesn't bother me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Littering is frustrating (and expensive) to be sure. I always try to set a good example, help fishing partners see a better alternative than pitching stuff into the water or onto the shoreline and insist that my kids understand and respect the environment. Supporting and volunteering with scouting and civic groups on litter and other environmental issues can also have a positive impact. There is nothing like a fired-up kid to help teach us grown-ups a better way.

Just want you guys to be aware, that Captain Ahab is being a royal pain in the rear and resurrecting posts from 2007. This one is a good one because it keeps everyone aware and talking about an important topic, but everything else he posts is because of winter boredom. He needs to move somewhere where he can fish 24/7/365.

Don't forget--All city's storm drain systems dump to the low spot. If the town is on a river or lake, everything thrown on the street, if it will float, eventually will flow to the river or lake. Plastic bottles, cans, toys, leaves, sticks etc. If the town is hilly, some pretty large items can be forced down the pipes to the outlet. I know this from years in working in municipal utilities.
Point is--It's not just the fisherfolk that make the waterways ugly.

I do think they should stiffen the penalties but in the end you won't ever stop it. The world is over populated with immature idiots.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=337847#p337847 said:
fish devil » 03 Jan 2014, 19:46[/url]"]:twisted: These litterbugs are NOT outdoorsman nor do I consider them fishermen. They are looking to catch a meal. That's it. Ignorant MOFO'S. All we can do is clean up an area and hope for the best.
It's the same thing in my area. There is a local park on the lake with a long section of creek next to the county road. Every spring when the crappie start to bite the trash comes. littered everywhere. The locals pick up there trash but a lot of the people that travel camp 2 or 3 days on the creek and leave all thier trash. I've even seen people clean out their cars for crying out loud :evil: But worse yet the park has been vandalized Concrete benches and tables broken, guard lights shot out, and even the ss hardware in the public restrooms was stolen a couple years ago. Our problem was caused by a lack of county officers. But since the county has recently hired more officers things are looking better!

Litter is a problem at pretty much every public fishing spot unfortunately. I would say add more trash cans, but let's be honest, these people wouldn't use them. I always keep some plastic bags in my boat or backpack so I can pick up whatever I can.