Lemme see your livewell

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Analog Kid

Reaction score
I am starting my build on my 16ft mirrocraft. One of my necessities I had in mind is a livewell to keep bait alive and healthy. Has anyone here made their own? I would like it to be able to fill and drain without removing from the boat and maybe a recirculating system with new water coming in regularly. Anybody have ideas ? Thoughts? Concerns? Cautions ?

I made a livewell from a plastic storeage box I got at the Dollar General store. I use a bilge pump to put in the water to pump water into the livewell. I bought a D-cell battery powered aerator at Walmart and hung it onto the side of the tub. I use the same bilge pump to pump the water out when I'm trough fishing. It's a simple set up but it works!

That's what I think I will do use a plastic bin and build it into a coffin box. I already have a 12 volt aerator pump with alligator clips. But I will hard wire it and use a switch. Would like an easy way to fill and drain at the flick of a switch or turn of a valve

use a cooler instead of a plastic storage bin. lots sturdier, plus on hot days, you can toss some ice in there to keep the bait fresh. i did mine that way and have no problem keeping herring alive all day (and they are notoriously quick to die). it's out in the garage so i'll try to remember to get a picture for you tomorrow.

Thought about coolers too and here in Florida plenty of scorching days. I will be using it for mostly shrimp or sardines in salt and shiners for bass.

Latest posts