Lonestarbakers 14 ft v-hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonestarbaker

Reaction score
What's up everyone, I have a 14 ft v-hull but not really sure what year or what make. All the title says is it's homemade. Regardless, it I a pretty decent boat. It was painted a dark blue with several scratches and dings. It has one hole that I know of in the back bottom below the transom. The transom is a little rotted so, it will probably be changed out. I recently just grinded all the blue paint of the outside of the boat. I am prepping to paint tommorow. I have a few questions for y'all though. What type of wood should I use for plywood for decking? And what's the best way to patch a 1/2 inch hole? I was thinkin about using tin with some 3M 5200 sealant and riveting it to the boat. Any suggestions for my project please lemme know. Pics soon!

Wood - Use an exterior grade plywood in a thickness that suits your needs. 1/2" to 3/4" is most popular.

Patch - for a hole that size, I think welding is best, followed by a patch just as you've described. If you check out bassboy's build of his (now sold) Alumacraft, you'll see his patch detailed.

Brine is correct on the plywood. Use an exterior grade plywood. I suggest sealing/painting before you lay it down and cover. This will help protect it from moisture. Good luck and have fun!

Latest posts