Looking for 70's larson boat gunnel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAKE8842

Reaction score
Hello everyone, New to the forum. I am in the process of redoing a 14' larson aluminum boat.
Trailer is done and working on the boat next. I am having a hard time locating gunnel/rub rail
for this boat. Every marina i talk to says it has to be specifically made for this boat. It had
plastic that was cracking and falling apart. I found 1 company in canada that had 16' sections but
the shipping to ny was between 150 and $200 plus price of gunnel. much more than i wanted to
spend. it was canoe gunnel. I really want aluminum. Anyone know any companys in the states that
produces these?

Sorry man, don't have a clue. Sometimes its hard to get answers without A) posting pictures and B) not making any other posts. Wish I could be of more help

You can try contacting John at Boat Works in Little Falls MN. If you goggle it you will find a phone number. Larson Boats are made in Little Falls and Boat Works restores old boats and has a museum of old boats so he may be of some help.

Appreciate it guys. Just got done tearing apart the trailer and sanding and repainting it. Boat is next.