looking for a climber stand....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honers

Reaction score
i'm ready to venture away from a ladder stand and give my try at a climber....not ready just yet to pay the big bucks these places are askin for one....cheapest one i've found has been around $90....but worried about gettin what you pay for....anyone got an extra stand that can hold a man pushin 270 lbs.....and want a reasonable price for it....if'n it fits in my budget i'd be more than happy to take it off of someone's hands....

I'm not sure of the weight limit on regular stands. BUT. If I were you, not trying to be offensive, but if I was pushing 270, I wouldn't skimp on something that is supposed to keep me off the ground.
They actually make a stand for you bigger guys.
81087_cat1.jpg

https://www.summitstands.com/catalog.aspx?catid=summit titan
I'm sure there are probably more out there, this one was just a quick search.

A little pricey, yes... But how much is your life worth??
Be safe out there.
:beer:

https://www.treelounge.com/

IMHO the best and safiest on the market, check out the site, videos and models.

I still have mine and use it when I can.

tks guys...preciate the replies....fishing bud....those are some nice climbers....didn't view the vids....they look way to comfy....

andy...you've made a good point....life is definately priceless....and in good time i'll spend the extra money to invest into a good heavy weight stand....but for now if i could find me one to get me thru this season and i feel safe sittin in it then i'll go for it....

i've looked at the pricey ones....and pricey they are....already have myself a couple ladder stands at a couple different sites....but hunting public ground a ladder stand is almost a no-go....

i'm quite limited on what i can spend....my "banker" in the household tells me this....that's the only reason i was actually trying to buy me a used one.....someone out there must have a stand that would accomodate my weight....most of em i look at anymore have a 300 lb limit...and i think they just put a weight limit on it to cover themselves just in case something should happen to anyone using their climbers...

i'll keep shopping and if i'm unable to find something...well....sittin on the ground is fine....i got myself a nice little camo shield as i put it....not a blind...just a piece of material 15'x56" that will conceal me....

one thing about the cheaper brands is they are noisey, and a pain to hook to a tree quickly and quitely

my buddy at work got a new ole man (same as me) but aluminum, cost him 300 bucks. same price i pay'd for mine steel ole man 2 years ago. his is rated for 300lbs, id recomend somthing like that but i know 300 can be hard to come up with

goodluck with it

check the classifieds in your paper. theres been several good deals around here lately

I bought one of the cheapy $90 wallyworld climbers. It has been great - quiet - and solid. I'm 240 and fit fine. But my hunting bud is 300+ and he can't fit inside it.

Only problem with a climber is finding a straight tree :)

Only problem with a climber is finding a straight tree

hah you aint kiddin. those knots look small when they're 40 feet above you

walliworld's got a good deal on 2man ladder stands. recon im gonna pick one up soon. $120 cant beat that

Do you have Menards around there?

Up here they stock hunting stands for the season. I thought the 2 man ladder stand was <$100, the one man cheepo was $49, one with a little seat was $79.

Just an idea,

Will

well i managed to find me a climber...believe it's and ameristand....pretty light weight...but only has a small cushion for a seat....couldn't say no as my buddy only wanted $40 bucks for it....now all i gotta do is learn how to use and feel comfy doing it....dont want to venture up a tree being scared of the thing....take me forever to get up there plus i'd be so darned tense i'd probably pull every muscle in my belly trying to get there....

sitting in my treestand at 0530 this mornin....finally saw another deer besides the ones that i saw 3rd day of season....only thing it was about 40 yards or so away in thick brush.....tail would of made a good paint brush....very wide....found me a spot tho that i want to move my treestand to.....found a nice little funnel with at least 4 deer paths headin to one path going for the corn field....big ole oak tree about 40 feet or so away from there....nice weekend job....