• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for an 8-15hp Outboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dockside85

Reaction score
Looking to buy a 8-15hp tiller steer short shaft outboard. Not picky about make but needs to be in good running condition. Will drive to most of GA and parts of TN, AL, FL, NC or SC if the deal is good! Cash in hand. Let me know what you have! Thanks!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=322883#p322883 said:
SaltyNutz729 » Today, 6:38 pm[/url]"]Would you be interested in a very clean 6 hp Suzuki?

6 is a little small for what I need. I've got a 14' jon with wood decks and I usually have a fishing partner with me. I think I'd need a little more power than that. Thanks though!

I have a 15 hp Sea King I'll let you have for 150 bucks. Long way to come and get it though! LOL idles rough, but runs good at high spped. Really not sure it's worth the trip or even the 150 bucks for that matter! :shock:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=322913#p322913 said:
simbelle » 35 minutes ago[/url]"]I have a 15 hp Sea King I'll let you have for 150 bucks. Long way to come and get it though! LOL idles rough, but runs good at high spped. Really not sure it's worth the trip or even the 150 bucks for that matter! :shock:

Hahahahaha, you're not a salesman are you? Just kidding! Yeah Clermont is a bit of a drive just for the motor, but I will be traveling down to Winter Haven in a couple of months to see family so if you still have it then I might take it off your hands for a fix up motor.

Have a sister who lives in Winter Haven in some retirement community. If we meet up and make a deal it comes with a 6 gal plastic gas tank also. Now if I happen to get it idling great it may cost you a tad more...or not.( Don't know that I'll put much effort in to it.) Was wanting to put a 9.8 hp Tahatsu, but I probably be overweight and might go with a 6 hp. It's the same wt as the Sea King at 58 lbs. Loose speed, but never have to run to far anyway.