Looking for rebuild kits....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evattman

Reaction score
I just purchased a 25hp Johnson Seahorse(1974). It runs well but I want to go through and replace everything that I can. Can someone point me to a website that carries all of this stuff?? (carb kit, impeller, etc) I have a friend that will do it, but I kinda want to learn myself.
Bassboy.......was this a good year for the Johny? I think I got a decent deal (300 bucks)
Any advice is appreciated!!!!!

For the 25, there wasn't really a bad year up until the late 90s or early 2000s, and that is just because I can't work on them without EXPENSIVE diagnostic machines. It is a pretty sound little motor. Much of the designs should be the same as my '75 Evinrude 40, just slightly smaller, so I should be able to get you more step by step procedures as opposed to general ones.

A good motor revival would consist of carb kit, impeller, points, plugs and condensers, new LU lube, checking the old for contamination - if contaminated, lower unit rebuild is in order. Not that hard at all, especially on these split housing lower ends.

All the stuff can be obtained at shop2.evinrude.com, but iboats.com should carry most of the parts in the Sierra or Mallory brand, as opposed to the Johnson/Evinrude OEM parts, which are very pricey.

NAPA should have everything but the impeller, but they might have to have it delivered from their hub overnight (no shipping cost). The impeller you should be able to get from your local OB shop.

ST

impeller for a 1969 to 1978 is 18-3002 that is in the NAPA book .oe # is 375638. with plate use # 18-3203 plate # is 303069

Latest posts