lost or stolen bearing buddies?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess they could have been overloaded with grease and popped, but I doubt it. I only filled them enough to make the blue part barely moveable.
The road was a little rough for a ways there, but I had my eyes peeled while driving 10 mph the whole way home and should have been able to spot one if they fell out there.

I had a set stollen a few years back. My trailer had been to Canada several times and hauled all over Mich. Went to the river at a public ramp came back to no hubs. My neighbor had an older style easy loader trail and was at a ramp on Lake Mich and when he came back all the rollers were gone off his trailer That sucked real bad

I now have 3 trailers, all with Bearing Buddies. Excuse me. All with different size Bearing Buddies. I have a hard time determining which to order from my PC, much less trying to "shop" at a boat ramp.

modelchart.gif

I have never understood thievery or vandalism. Or supporting habits/diseases. I remember reading on a fishing site that someone came back to load their boat and a thief had hooked a chain to his exhaust and used a 4X4 to jerk the catalytic converters off.

New River Rat said:
I now have 3 trailers, all with Bearing Buddies. Excuse me. All with different size Bearing Buddies. I have a hard time determining which to order from my PC, much less trying to "shop" at a boat ramp.

modelchart.gif

I have never understood thievery or vandalism. Or supporting habits/diseases. I remember reading on a fishing site that someone came back to load their boat and a thief had hooked a chain to his exhaust and used a 4X4 to jerk the catalytic converters off.

Again, the only part of Sharia law that I DO agree with is chopping off the hand of a convicted thief, except, like I said, it should be done more slowly, with a 2 lb cross peen hammer, one finger at a time.
I have NO use for a common thief.

That chart of all the different size BB's is another pet peeve for me. I just cannot understand why trailer parts mfgs cannot just have 1 or 2 sizes of things, why do they insist on having 47 different sizes? Try looking through an Expediter trailer parts catalog, looking for a replacement part, it's enough to give you a nervous breakdown.

On that note, one day, I hope to open up a specialty fastener store. We'll be dealing exclusively in oddball-sized fasteners and such, and ONLY the oddball stuff.

Why? Because it seems every time I do a job, that's what I run into...oddball stuff you can't find at the hardware store, it's gotta be special ordered from Zimbabwe, but that'll be a back order, it might get here in about 6 months, as they're having trouble finding wood for their fire pits that they hand forge their fasteners over. Oh, and when you get it, you'll discover it's 1/8 inch too short! Grrrr!

Want regular bolts and nuts, go to Home Depot.

Need some oddball stuff? Then come to "B@STARD BOLTS AND NUMB NUTS" Not only am I the President and the largest stockholder in the company, as well as salesman of the year, but I'll most likely be the #1 customer!

I actually saw a set of numb nuts one time, used to mount the bumper on my GMC Z-71. I was trying to figure out why none of my sockets would fit this thing, and then I looked at it. Instead of having 6 equal sized flats, 4 of them were equal, but 2 parallel sides were longer than the other sides. WTF?? I'd love to see the proprietary socket used for that, I bet they want 200 dollars for that tool. By the way, we'll have those in stock at BBNN, as well. LMAO!!

I've got a set you can have. Don't use BB's anymore. Modified my hubs to do without.

samzerelli said:
I found some generic bearing buddies at Harbor Freight for $13 a pair.

I've learned long ago to stick with actual Bearing Buddy brand. I bought some of the Bill Dance bearing buddies for my last boat. Got to the ramp, unloaded and thought all was well. When we got back to the ramp to load the boat, one of the guys was looking at my rebuild and noticed that the bearing knock-off bearing buddies were broken off -- and it was broken off inside the hub.

I replaced those with a set from Harbor Freight just until my actual Bearing Buddies arrived the mail. Apparently they were damaged or something. I drove to the lake and when I got their I noticed a funny smell and checked the hubs - hot as a firecracker and soaked in grease. Took the buddies off there and there was no grease inside. Ended up having to get 2 new hubs because of the damage that was already done.

Just keep a check on the grease. Hopefully they will work great for you