Lowe 1440 Mod-V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdncn

Reaction score
Picked this up (used) a couple of weeks ago. Layed the main section floor this morning. Working on plans for a semi-raised floor in the front wanting to keep the weight as low as possable. I plan on using the existing gravity fed livewell and going with a pedestal seat in the front with a couple of shallow compartments. I will be adding photos as the project proceeds. This could take a while though.

Lowe1640001.jpg

Lowe1640004.jpg

Styrofoam for added buoyancy
BoatProject005.jpg

BoatProject004.jpg

Congrats on your purchase moloch16. I hope you'll like yours as much as I do mine. My mods won't be to extensive.

I too pick up and older version of the same boat, no storage in the center seat. I'm debating about a front deck. I was thinking about running from the front "deck" back to the top of the mid seat. Luckily I've got a source of aluminum construction detour sign when were done with them. What were you thinking for the deck? Bob

Hey BobH. I'm also thinking of going on top of the mid seat into (not on top) of the front seat. Then putting in a new hinged door for the livewell. Installing a pedestal slightly forward of the livewell. Or.... just laying a low floor up front and installing a pedestal forward of the mid seat.

Been thinking about my 1440 and what I want to do with it. This will be my second build, and I have the luxury of having a boat that I can fish out of and won't feel rushed on the 1440. I have two boys to take fishing so I need to keep the boat stable and able to sit three comfortably. Therefor no front deck for now, I'll just put in a carpeted floor. Also, I'm thinking of installing these bench seat pads instead of standard seats:

https://www.cabelas.com/p-0021759016245a.shtml

The reason being I stand up to fish and don't use my seat much, and I want to fit two boys up front when running.

I have a nice 55lb hand controlled trolling motor. I need to figure out how to mount it, and if it will be usable on this boat (due to long distance from bow mount points to where I stand/sit) or if I should just go with a foot control.

Finally, thinking about eventually investing in a 25HP motor to replace my 9.9, but that's a ways off. The boss (i.e. wife) caught me looking at motors last night on the web and gave me that "not on your life" look :)

moloch16 said:
Finally, thinking about eventually investing in a 25HP motor to replace my 9.9, but that's a ways off. The boss (i.e. wife) caught me looking at motors last night on the web and gave me that "not on your life" look :)

LOL!..... I get that look a lot [-X

Real nice boat you have. Those Lowe's look like they are built tough. I love my 1440, I chose to keep the front deck low, let me know how the stability is with the raised deck. Glad to see you went away from the treated wood.

Thanks Ictalurus. Yea, no more treated lumber for me. I still have a lot to do, as you see. It's been going slooow. I didn't do anything this past winter really. I hope to have the bulk of it done here in a few weeks.

Glad to see you're making some progress. :D Building a house and moving has put my boat on the back burner but I'm following your build closely. Where are you putting your fuel tank and battery? Bob

Hey Bob. The batteries will be going mid boat behind the front deck and fuel tank in the rear. This won't happen until I re-do the floor between the benches. After that, I will be doing the electrical

0528011616.jpg

0528011839a.jpg

012.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Hooked up for maiden voyage of decking and seats......

001.jpg

My Son loves it and stability is not an issue

002.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

......... Now on to the main floor for carpeting and a couple of screws. Back later.

BTW, I can't begin to tell everyone here how vital this site is in helping me get this far.

Thanks to all!!!!!

Thanks Ictalurus. Too hot here to work on it right now. 98 today :shock:
Don't mind too much though. I see this as being an ongoing project anyway :wink:

billdncn said:
Thanks Ictalurus. Too hot here to work on it right now. 98 today :shock:

I hear that, Memphis is right up there. Glad you like the stability on the 1440, I haven't had any issues although I don't have the raised front deck. How do you like the gravity fed livewell? I've seen many people add pumps.

Ictalurus said:
I hear that, Memphis is right up there. Glad you like the stability on the 1440, I haven't had any issues although I don't have the raised front deck. How do you like the gravity fed livewell? I've seen many people add pumps.

Haven't needed the livewell yet. It does make for great storage though LOL. I have thought of adding an aerator and using for live bait as well as livewell. Haven't made up my mind yet

Congratulations! I like the slots on the side of the front deck for the net and paddle. Little things like that make it yours. What size motor are you running? Bob

Latest posts