Lowe 1440 Mod-V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bob, the openings in the side of the front deck are there because I didn't want to knotch for each of the ribs and carpet it. Seems to have worked out just fine. My wife came up with the idea of placing the paddle and net there.
I don't have a gas motor yet. I'm running a transom mount M-K Traxxis 45 right now. It does pretty good but I can tell the difference in the added weight now. I'm looking for a deal on a 9.9 or less and hope to one day get a bow mount trolling motor.

0717011118a-Copy-1.jpg

Hi,

I just got the same exact boat, looking to do same. I'm concerned about the stability of the boat since i'll have my 5yo son with me. Do you notice a big difference in stability? Would you do anything different to improve design of build out?

Thanks,

Joe

BinzlBrew said:
Hi,

I just got the same exact boat, looking to do same. I'm concerned about the stability of the boat since i'll have my 5yo son with me. Do you notice a big difference in stability? Would you do anything different to improve design of build out?

Thanks,

Joe

Hey Joe. Stability is not an issue. You can see I wanted to keep the front deck down some but still have some storage underneath (sp). I would'nt really do anything different if doing it again except maybe using aluminium instead of wood but that was too pricey. I was really surprised after the added weight how little it affected the water height. Now I'm still not running a gas motor yet but the boat really still sits up high out of the water.... No worries 8)

Very nice ,thank you for sharing your pictures with us.Our baby is only 11 weeks young and i can't wait for him to grow so we can take him fishing too.For now we want to see him fit his life jacket...20 lbs and up,he's 15 now =D> .
Dan :D

Latest posts