Lowe 1648M Jon Boat Rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I saw where some others did the same thing and I am thinking this will be a low-cost method for holding my rods in place while underway.

hows that motor kick you along? just bought the same one... does it get hairy fast at top end?

i really like that lowered deck in the front. i may have to steal that idea because the lowe stringers are so goofy up front, where the first two are laid over at an angle. makes it hard to carry a straight line and be flush up against the hull.

I like it!! I was originally woing to go with some sidewalls for my project, but decided against it. Want to keep all the floor space I can.

What did you paint your motor with and how did you prep? I'm painting my cowl currently to match my boat, but the rest of the motor could use a new coat of black to make it all purty.

typed by ben said:
hows that motor kick you along? just bought the same one... does it get hairy fast at top end?

i really like that lowered deck in the front. i may have to steal that idea because the lowe stringers are so goofy up front, where the first two are laid over at an angle. makes it hard to carry a straight line and be flush up against the hull.

The 25hp Johnson had been great. My top end speed by GPS is at 27.9 mph...just can't seem to break 28 lol.

Personally I would like a little faster, maybe 35hp but that would be fast enough. It's been a great motor.

I can plane fast with 4 adults in the boat, no problem.

BigTerp said:
I like it!! I was originally woing to go with some sidewalls for my project, but decided against it. Want to keep all the floor space I can.

What did you paint your motor with and how did you prep? I'm painting my cowl currently to match my boat, but the rest of the motor could use a new coat of black to make it all purty.

The paint was Rustoleum black primer, Rustoleum metallic black and Rustoleum clear coat.

I decreased then sanded everything due to it being painted previously. If you have factory paint, use a wipe on deglosser instead of sanding, it's much faster.

Important thing. Follow paint instructions on how long to wait between primer, paint and clear then let the clear cure for 7 days. I clear coated mine before I left on a trip.

Latest posts