Lowe Roughneck 1455

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jr Branham

Reaction score
I started another project. This one is a Lowe Roughneck. I bought this boat to fish when I go alone. I still have FishZilla to go with my buddies. I wanted something simple, but, it wasn't gonna happen. I put a new Minn Kota 45lb Edge on this and went fishing. This boat was nose heavy. I didn't like the layout, So I started modding.

Attachments

• small lowe.jpg
    small lowe.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 2,787
Inside layout...front deck was too short for me. I will extend it and lower it slightly.

Attachments

• lowe inside.jpg
    lowe inside.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 2,713
It is hard to tell from the pics, but this boat is stout. The specs are 14'7", 79" beam, and 55" floor. It is all welded, with .100 gauge aluminum. It also has 25 inch sides.

front plate has been moved back from original location. It added 16 inches from the distance to the front of the deck. The original seat base was located 20 inches fron the front turndown (what was LOWE thinking!!!) It now measures 36 inches back.

Attachments

• front base plate.jpg
    front base plate.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 2,711
Man must be nice to have all that time to work on boats! Haha, I'm quite jealous sir.

I cut out part of the rear deck pods to build a couple of storage areas, I removed a little bit of foam, this foam will be made up in the front deck area. This boat is not lacking for foam, most of the floor has foam sprayed in from the factory, also the two pods were full.

Attachments

• hatch open.jpg
    hatch open.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 2,540