LoweHusky 18' flatbottom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fish2keel said:
Wow that trailer looks great!

I would love to see more of the deck and how you made it removeable.

Listen to reedjj. Treated wood will pit aluminum since it has chemicals in it that react to aluminum. Better to stay far far away from treated wood.
Hey man I took some pics for you to show you how I mounted the platform and made it removable. I was going to put pins in it but decided not to. This is what i did instead. I mounted the rear 2 legs so they lined up perfect, then mounted the front 2 legs in a 1/4 in so when you put the platform on you have to push the legs in slightly. It made it fit super tight. You actually have to whack the bottom with a hammer to remove it. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 1,280
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 1,280
WOW :shock: That is one stout boat! Looks great, can't wait to see the final version. I'd love to have 18' of space on the water. I put treated lumber on my trailer runners too, they were painted and carpeted, no problems yet.

I think for your trailer you should be ok but dont use it on the boat itself.

And thanks for the pictures! That is a great set up! What a great boat as well

On the trailer the only place I used the treated was the bottom to boards. The boards on the bunk are not treated. Inside the boat is all marine grade.

Well guys I got some more done on my boat today, its getting so close I'm almost beside myself with excitment. I cut out the flooring and carpeted it. What a pain to carpet with all the little cutouts for the ribs, sure hope I never do that again. I also ran the wires for the trolling motor to the bow and wired/mounted the nav lights( forgot to photo them). Carpeted and mounted the floor on the shooting platform. Tomorrow I will screw the flooring down and mount the seats. I might even have time to start the dry storage boxes. I'll post some more pics tomorrow. Open to suggestions. Thanks for veiwing.

Attachments

• 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 1,157
  • 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 1,157
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    701.1 KB · Views: 1,157
  • 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 1,157
  • 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 1,157
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 1,157
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 1,157
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 1,157
Boat looks great. Good work. Will people be riding up on the shooting platform when under way? I am curious if those 4 (crimped down) posts will become a failure point if you have a lot of weight up there and it gets rough. I am not calling you out as I think it looks great, just curious if you plan on riding up there.

KRS

KRS62 said:
Boat looks great. Good work. Will people be riding up on the shooting platform when under way? I am curious if those 4 (crimped down) posts will become a failure point if you have a lot of weight up there and it gets rough. I am not calling you out as I think it looks great, just curious if you plan on riding up there.

KRS
The only time people will be on the platform is when im using the trolling motor. :)

Today was kind of a bummer day. I had high hopes of getting a bunch done, that didn't happen. All I accomlished was mounting the motor and carpeting the tops of the float boxes. Back at it in the morning.

Attachments

• Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 750
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 750
I would have used the shadows from the tress as a template and painted them black and gray for a camo effect. but I do like how you did yours. Keep up the good work

Awesome build. I really like your paint work and the deck is amazing. You are going to have to post a pic of it at night on the water with the lights on (no flash camera)!

I had forgotten that I commented earlier about it. If you boat is not in contact with the treated wood, then I wouldn't worry about it. If the bunks are made of treated wood and its only separated by the carpet on the bunks I would replace them at your earliest opportunity.

What size is this boat, I know its 18 feet long but is it a 52" or a 48" floor ?

reedjj said:
Awesome build. I really like your paint work and the deck is amazing. You are going to have to post a pic of it at night on the water with the lights on (no flash camera)!

I had forgotten that I commented earlier about it. If you boat is not in contact with the treated wood, then I wouldn't worry about it. If the bunks are made of treated wood and its only separated by the carpet on the bunks I would replace them at your earliest opportunity.

What size is this boat, I know its 18 feet long but is it a 52" or a 48" floor ?
The boat has a 60'' floor and is 83" at the gunall. I think its called beam and hull?? Im not sure, thats how new I am to this boating thing. :lol: I'm definitly learning new things everyday.

I believed most Jon boats are measured by their length and bottom width. And this would make your boat an 1860.

I woke up to the sound of rain this morning, I said a four letter word to myself grabbed a cup of coffee and put on the weather channel. Did'nt look good for me and the boat but low and behold around 2pm the sun popped out. Just the break I was looking for. I started out by running a couple more wires to the bow thru the wire tube in the floor. I had already ran the wires for the trolling motor and the bow light but I decided to put 2-55 watt kc/fog lights on the bow mounted to the bottom of the platform for night driving. Next I put the floor in that I had cut and carpeted a few days ago. The two swivel pedastel seats went in after that. I had to stand back and look at it for awhile after that just thinking about how close I was getting. It made me smile for sure. I also cut the wood for the steps on the trailer, those will get carpeted and installed tomorrow. I have two major jobs to do still, one being the two dry storage boxes that will have a seat mounted on the end of each one (I took a pic of the seats so you can kinda see where they will be). The other being the rear rack which will hold the fuel tanks. After that is all small stuff-easy stuff. Here are some pics of today's progress. I also took some pics of the nav lights that I forgot to photo the other day. Enjoy, I always look forward to comments and suggestions.

Attachments

• Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 679
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 679
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 679
  • 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 679
  • 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 679
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 679
  • 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 679
  • 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 679
  • 47.jpg
    47.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 679
  • 48.jpg
    48.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 679
  • 49.jpg
    49.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 679
With my oldest off to kindergarten and my little guy napping I had 2 hours to get some things done today. I carpeted and mounted the steps on the trailer. I also mounted the kc/fog lights on the platform, these lights will not be used for bowfishing but rather for night driving. And they look cool. lol. Heres pics from today.

Attachments

• Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    681.5 KB · Views: 666
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 666
First time????? Yea right!!!! =D>

Seriously, this thing looks awesome. Great job! Lotta memories to be made in this gem....

bt4264 said:
First time????? Yea right!!!! =D>

Seriously, this thing looks awesome. Great job! Lotta memories to be made in this gem....
LOL. honestly this is really my first boat. Just goes to show you what this website can do for people. I learned and got most of my ideas just by following other builds and reading ALOT of posts. Thanks for the copliment.

Here's some pictures guys. I worked for a couple hours on Thursday again while one is at school and the other sleeping. I framed in the two storage boxes that will also be the bases for the two other seats. Friday I used my two hours to cut the plywood on the small box. It went pretty well so I starting carpeting the pieces. Now the plan was to talk the wife into taking my six and two year old to tae kwon do. Did'nt need to she offered and gave me the night. Aright back at it.. and decided to finish the box in hopes of learning somthing before moving on to the large one. I went ahead and mounted the fire extinguisher and the air horn. Cutting out the large box was alot easier knowing where to give a extra 1/2 in overlap to make corners look good. Time was to short to do the carpet, I have to take out the tempoary 2x4's out and frame the large hatch in with 2x2's. Im getting closer!!

Attachments

• 67.jpg
    67.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 622
  • 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 622
  • 65.jpg
    65.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 622
  • 64.jpg
    64.jpg