Lowrance Fishfinder/GPS combo..anyone use these?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YamahaC40Guy

Reaction score
Hey guys, thought I'd try to tap into your collective experience here. I told a friend of mine that I was considering upgrading my Humminbird to a 525 and he told be that (knowing how/where I fish) that the Lowrance ff/gps combo units would serve my purposes much better. He uses one on his bass boat, and I've seen how he can mark way points where he spots fish/shoals..places that fish really well for no reason at all...whatever. He also mentioned that I should be choosing a model that allows for adding a chip for uploading new maps. On to the question..

I've looked on Lowrance's site and feel a little overwhelmed at the technology involved..but trust that these things are not MEANT to be complicated. What is your opinion of them? Can you recommend a certain model and if so, which one? They look much scarier than my HB Piranamax215!!!

Cheers, and thanks for taking the time to respond.

I have had lowrance units and agree with your friend they are the best. I have 2 on my boat now that take the map chips.
It can be overwhelming but lowrance helps make that easy. If you go to the lowrance website and check under Downloads you will find a link that takes you to the:
Product Emulators
Product Emulators are PC-based applications that look and function like the actual product. Emulators are available for most current products, and many legacy products. Displays MapCreate™ 6 custom maps and sonar chart recordings. Useful for comparing products, learning how to use the various features or reviewing previously recorded field trips at home.

you can check out the unit you want and see how this can aide you in your fishing..

Any other questions you have let me know
Wayne

I'm thinking about upgrading from my new Humminbird 727 to a Lowrance as well... but I'm looking at getting one of the new HD versions...

russ010 said:
I'm thinking about upgrading from my new Humminbird 727 to a Lowrance as well... but I'm looking at getting one of the new HD versions...
The new hd versions are awesome I would get one if I didn't just pick up the lcx27c last spring. am thinking about the high def sounder that i can add to my unit. I won't be able t use the 3d mapping software but I will get the high def depth sounder Not a bad deal fo $100

Wayne

i had the lowrance 520c on my boat and was no more difficult to work than my humminbird 525 but the extra features are great...like setting a waypoint at the dock before you leave so you can find your way back at night, or marking channels or fish, they are well worth the money and they can be very easy to learn...it would be money well spent and you will thank youself that you did....just my 2 cents....Mike

Latest posts