Lowrance Hook2 7

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great posts, thanks guys!

I have to make a purchase soon as I have a couple of fun trips coming up. I would like the finder in there earlier just to learn it a little.

Yes,. Get one early so you can learn how to use it.

If you have some time, go to the Navionics web app and bring up a lake that you already know. See how everything is depicted.

So, doing some research and talking to my people :LOL2: I can get this exact unit for $575. Thoughts?

https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/series/hook2/hook2-7-tripleshot-uscan-nav-bundle/

Jim said:
So, doing some research and talking to my people :LOL2: I can get this exact unit for $575. Thoughts?

https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/series/hook2/hook2-7-tripleshot-uscan-nav-bundle/

Seems like a great deal. The mapping software is critical for my kind of fishing. When trolling coldwater lakes in the summer I can have hundreds of dollars of gear dangling from my boat. Losing one downrigger ball, cable and terminal tackle can set me back $130 or more depending on what kind of disco balls I am dragging. And if it's summer I can be fishing deep, so I keep a very close watch on the contours. But even when I am not fishing the maps are invaluable for navigation.

I don't know anything about Lowrance as most of my stuff is H'bird.

Do be careful that if the adv. says "maps included" that the maps are real maps.

When I was looking, I found that "maps included" often meant a blue blob that represented the outline of the lake.

Yes, you could mark a spot and go back to it, but you had no idea of the depths or structure. You hade to buy a $100/$200 additional chip to see that detail.

rich

I bought a Lowrance Elite 7. You get a touch screen, side and down scan, CHIRP sonar and the list goes on. It included maps on a chip that you load. Also, one other important thing to keep in mind is that if you decide later on that you'd like a really nice remote like the minkota that was mentioned by Jethro or a Motorcraft you can also control those from this unit. Just something to keep in mind. The price difference is minimal also, $75.00.

A lot of folks around here speak highly of the Lowrance brand. The price seems like a real good deal to me. It comes preloaded with C-Map US. I'm not familiar with that product, but like Rich cautions, make sure it contains detailed maps for the places you frequent.