Lowrance X96 or Eagle Fishmark 480

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbaffaro

Reaction score
I'm looking at these two right now. they are both under my 200.00 price limit at 199.99. The 480 has a bigger screen than the lowrance. Just wondering which you would choose?

thanks
nick

both units are made by lowrance and have a 5" screen
The fishmark has finer pixels 480x480 verses 320x320 n the lowrance
the higher pixel count will give better detail
either unit will do a good job

wayne

redbug said:
both units are made by lowrance and have a 5" screen
The fishmark has finer pixels 480x480 verses 320x320 n the lowrance
the higher pixel count will give better detail
either unit will do a good job

wayne

I agree! :D

fishermarine said:
I prefer the Lowrance. I have a x-135 and it works great.

lowrance and eagle are the same company Your x135 has the 480x 480 pixels likethe fish mark...

another great unit..

redbug said:
fishermarine said:
I prefer the Lowrance. I have a x-135 and it works great.

lowrance and eagle are the same company Your x135 has the 480x 480 pixels likethe fish mark...

another great unit..

I agree that the pixels are the same, but the X-135 has 4,000 Watts peak to peak power compared to 1,500 Watts on the Fishmark 480. I am sure that both units will do the job just fine. I had a Eagle Cuda 168 on my boat before the X135 and I can tell you that their is a huge difference between the two units.

I went with the lowrance, I hope that it does a good job for me. I also bought a 3 year extended warranty on it so I feel pretty good about it.

https://www.gpsandmarineworld.com never heard of them but it was 10 bucks cheaper and they offered the warranty so we'll see.

nbaffaro said:
I went with the lowrance, I hope that it does a good job for me. I also bought a 3 year extended warranty on it so I feel pretty good about it.

https://www.gpsandmarineworld.com never heard of them but it was 10 bucks cheaper and they offered the warranty so we'll see.

You will be very happy with the lowrance that is all I run great support. there are a lot of places on the web that you can save money at instead of buying at the popular spots (basspro and cabelas) i wonder why more people dont shop around

well gpsandmarineworld didn't pan out. i tried to order it but i never got any type of conformation from them had to cancel the transaction and it was a mess. So i went up to Gander Mountain here locally and got the Fishmark 480 and the extended warranty plan for it. 40 more dollars than the lowrance even with shipping. But it was nice to walk of the store with it. I let you know how it works by the end of the weekend!

I picked up a Lowrance x135 on ebay for a little over $200...it was used, but barely....saved a lot of money and it's a great unit!