Lurker finally registered and has a question :)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millertime4242

Reaction score
Hey, I know I know, I've been lurking too long, on and off for about a year now. But it was only to gain inspiration for my own project and now it has begun!!

1963 Alumacraft with 40 horse merc. Goal is to put casting deck, rod locker and storage up front, install a floor, and install a rear casting deck. I'm probably going to put the deck a little higher than most people would deem safe, but I'm a young whipper snapper and I do what I want :lol:

My question is this, I'm about to buy AL angle and have the choice between anodized or not anodized. It's my understanding that the anodizing process further enhances the corrosion resistance, but do I really need this? There is a price difference between the two and I'm on a wife approved budget here :) Any help would be appreciated. I'll be taking pics along the way and will finally contribute to this sweet site. Thanks in advance!!

easy enough! thanks for the quick replies! I'm ordering from McMaster Carr unless someone has an idea where I can get it cheaper.........

From McMaster Carr

1/8th" thick, 8' piece

1x1=$17.33
1.5x1.5=$23.33

could I get away with using 1/16th thickness? Maybe 1/16th thick by 1.5"x1.5"?

I would stick to the 1/8th if it were me..... I also like your choice on Mcmaster carr, you'll find I posted it in the materials links. If you need rivets they are great too, and speedy shipping.

Latest posts