Mary Elmer Lake (NJ) 5/14

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish devil

Reaction score
:twisted: 7:15AM-12:45PM Showers, moderate wind, 55-60 air temps, 65 water temp, heavily stained water.
My game plan was to go with soft plastics. I started casting up to the banks with a baby brush hog. Nothing. So I moved in closer and started pitching a 3.5" PTL Texas Rig Jig into heavy cover(pads/brush/wood). Nailed two around wood. Both about 14". Worked an area with heavy cover and managed to pull out another five bass. They were really blasting the TRJ. Missed a few more. Picked up my Redeye setup and casted to open water. BOOM!!!! Got the best of the day, in about 4' of water.

Attachments

• MELake010.jpg
    MELake010.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 354
  • MELake008.jpg
    MELake008.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 354
  • MELake005.jpg
    MELake005.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 354
  • MELake003.jpg
    MELake003.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 354
  • MELake001.jpg
    MELake001.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 354
=D> SWEET...............................................................................JIGGY

I was wondering how you are rigging your TRJ? Weighted, Pegged with a weight, weightless, Jig head?

I typically have mine on a 3/8oz football jig, but really haven't tried anything else.

robr3004 said:
I was wondering how you are rigging your TRJ? Weighted, Pegged with a weight, weightless, Jig head?

I typically have mine on a 3/8oz football jig, but really haven't tried anything else.

:twisted: Texas rigged, 3/8th oz tungsten(unpegged), 5/0 Owner hook.

fish devil said:
robr3004 said:

:twisted: Texas rigged, 3/8th oz tungsten(unpegged), 5/0 Owner hook.

Awesome Thanks, I just loaded up on tungsten weights this year so I'm all set.

TRJ = Texas Rig Jig

It's a new plastic lure out on the market that was started in NJ by Power Team Lures. It's a very addicting lure and works great to get the big bass:

greenpumpkinltblueswirlMD.jpg

https://www.powerteamlures.com/index.php?cPath=24_47_39

Latest posts