mend it glue

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little anth

Reaction score
i am thinking of getting some if i can get my hands on it. i saw it at a show and online and hope it can save me some cash on senkoes. have u guys tried it

From what I have heard it is good stuff, but I would rather use a lighter. All of the other, so called, soft bait glues I have used have turned the baits white and made them hard. Atleast with melting the plastic down you know what you are gonna get.

I just bought a bottle of Mend-It on friday. Haven't used it much yet and I have mixed feelings so far. I can't see myself bringing it in the boat and using it while fishing, but it should be good for repairing expensive plastic baits when I'm at home.

The mends are soft and pliable, with no hardness or crust, but you have to let the repaired bait sit on a flat surface for a minute before using it.

Tried it on a sacrificial senko and it didn't work. From what I understand Yamamoto is using a slightly different plastic than they used to.

Jim said:
If your using it to repair senkos, You have bigger problems :wink:

I want to see it on my 30 dollar swimbaits.

Well Real GY Senkos are still getting costly - if it cannot repair those what is the point?

If you are trying to catch the same fish I catch with a .30 senko with a $30.00 swim bait - you have even bigger problems :p

Nope didn't work on the Senko. It worked fine on a couple other sticks though. I rarely use actual Senkos anymore so it's not a big problem for me. I think it will work well for swimbaits.

Crap I was going to fuse together a baby brush hog, slider worm and a senko (baby brush slideing sen hog ko :shock: ) cant do it now :wink:

Jim said:
If your using it to repair senkos, You have bigger problems :wink:

I want to see it on my 30 dollar swimbaits.
thats also where i would like to give it a try...no tears in any of my swimbaits yet tho.

here is a link to buy the stuff I think it works well
I think this guy has it in stock. he also has good prices on gym senko's
https://www.nationwidetackle.com/index.php?ref=157&affiliate_banner_id=5

Wayne

I got a bottle of it yesterday, I tested it out on some tiki sticks and some lucky strike stick baits, didnt hold on the lucky strike, so i put a tare in a tiki stick, put on some mend-it and it cut the bait intwo, held it together for almost a minute, and it kinda worked. Overall I dont feel its worth the price.

Latest posts