Modding my SEARS 1972 12ft Aluminum V-Hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeksterman

Reaction score
Hello fellow Boat Modders,
I have seen some awesome boat mods on this site and am hooked. Though I've never modded or even owned a boat before now, I am confident that with the advice and help of you guys my first boat will turn out awesome. This is my first ever boat though I've been shore fishing for years. I purchased this boat from Craiglist for $350.00 with trailer and really want to learn how to prep for painting, paint it, and install a carpeted removeable floor (to change when the wood rots), and some storage compartments.
Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated and adhere to....please help me start with the basics.
This is what I'm working with....

12ftV-Hull5.jpg

12ftV-Hull6.jpg

nice boat! I actually have the same one but its a 1432. I sharkhided it, built some storage compartments and topped the benches with some nice wood. Check my build out: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13676

I started measuring and cutting out my cardboard template for my floor install, but have not decided yet on what layout to stick with.

prep14.jpg

prep19.jpg

This is more or less what I want to do....my templates still needs trimming but first I'm going to start on the wooden frame so that my templates can be cut more precise. Today I will pick up some Thompson Water Seal for all the wood that I will be using.

Great start! The fun is just beginning, enjoy and good luck. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Nice looking boat and good deal on it too!!!

Storage in the front deck for the anchor and vests is an excellent idea....thanks ! I'm also going to do two storage compartments in the rear for the battery's.

Latest posts