Mojo's 1995 Sea Nymph 1648

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
****! Mojo your boat is looking clean! I'm really liking the white. My boat might have to go white after seeing this.

Thanks Guys,

Today's progress. I got the battery boxes and batteries placed in the tray and got the tie down straps installed. I also mounted the onboard charger and hooked everything up. The lights kicked on and the battery's are charging like they should. I've had it on now for around 3 hours and that thing is just slightly warm I was wondering how much heat it would generate.

I also got my side panels installed in the cockpit and the floor LED's to keep me from stumbling around in the dark. Also the speakers are now mounted permanently.

I'm going to start working to get the rest of the lighting rigged and wired so I can move on to placing the top deck on this bad boy and get done. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Installing.. used rivets to mount the tie down strap brackets.
IMG474.jpg

The Battery compartment done!
IMG475.jpg

Side panel installed, Deck Light & Speaker mounted.
IMG477.jpg

that thing looks like a surgical suite with all that white. very clean.

how do those foot lights work? thats a hell of a good idea.

Thanks for the comments guys,

Ben here's a couple pictures of the lights i'm using to light up the interior. They are just some little 3 LED waterproof bars with the center light shooting strait and the side lights angled to shine out 45 deg's to either side. They aren't very powerful at all but they do cast light right along the floor where you need it.

We closed the garage door and cut the lights and got it cave dark in there then hooked two of them up and they shine up the deck great! Not enough to blind you or ruin your night vision but enough to keep you from stumbling around.

I've got 8 of them I'm going to place to shine up the deck topside.

I got these off of Ebay found them under motorcycle lighting mods. I've seen others just like them on the net. It's got some 3m tape on the bottom and there are also 2 screw holes to perma mount them.

IMG478.jpg
IMG479.jpg

Ben,

Those leads on there are 3 ft lengths. I also have some others that have 4 LED's in a cluster that i'm using to light up lockers and such.

Mojo

Hey All,

Got those lights I installed hooked up and wired. I didn't take pictures of the fwd ones cause they are just hanging over the side waiting for the top deck to get cut and installed but the 2 in the cockpit are done and I also placed the lights for the battery compartment in place and got a picture of them on.

Here ya go.

Cockpit lights. They Light up this area Just right. Not so bright as to blind but just enough to move around confidently.
IMG482.jpg

With these lights on I can see where the glue is bubbled up under the vinyl I'm going to have to get back in there with my roller.
IMG481.jpg

Battery compartment.
IMG480.jpg

Well... I thought I was all done for the night.....

BUT a package we were waiting for showed up with the LED's I bought for the NAV lights, and I just couldn't help myself and had to run out in the garage and install them.

For anyone wanting to know I found these at https://www.easternmarine.com/ Trailer Parts Superstore. They are 4 inch waterproof light bars 6 LED's inside with a really nice rubber base and they come with the stainless screws to put them where you want them to stay. I'll include some pictures of the lights themselves and the packaging. They were exactly what I was looking for at the best price I could find at $8.99 ea.

On to the pictures.

Light alongside package.
IMG484.jpg

Here's a light, you can see the rubber base.
IMG485.jpg

Mounted.
IMG493.jpg

Back side. I cut off the excess screw heads with the dremel and wrapped the leads in heat shrink.. not seen the leader going to the main nav light wire.
IMG492.jpg

They work!
IMG486.jpg

In the Dark.
IMG491.jpg

Front shot.
IMG489.jpg

Started working on the trolling motor mount today.

I went into this having some crazy plan that eneded up getting changed about 20 times. My Dad was over and we moved that trolling motor all over the deck trying to decide where the best place would be to mount it. It went from the side of the boat over towards the middle at an angle and back again over and over till I made a command decision and decided it was going on the left hand side.

Then I started fabricating the mount. This turned into some crazy over engineered Frankenstein monster of a mounting bracket. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I spent way to much time putting this thing together. The good news is it seems to be super solid, while i was banging on the cover skin with a 5lb sledge I realized that rest of the boat is going to get destroyed before this mount does.

On to the pictures.

I designed this so that we can put the vinyl down then mount the bracket.. there is also around 1/2 of clearance under it so I can spray the hose up under it to keep it washed out.
IMG494.jpg

Underside.. I put these big tabs on it to have a place to secure it to the deck.
IMG495.jpg

Big shot of the underside. Once all of these tab's have 3 rivets in them attaching it to the deck I'm pretty sure I could use it as a crane hoist attachment and pick up the boat.
IMG496.jpg

Here it is with the Skin on. I'll be wrapping that with the same floor vinyl then putting it on. It's still dirty I was too tired to wire wheel it off yet. But the Motor fits perfect on top of that nice flat plate.
IMG497.jpg

Looking very nice. I saw where you mentioned that you will go back over the floor and try to work some of the bubbles out. I have found that syringes filled with glue work very well for stuff like this. It leaves no mark and gets the glue where it needs to go.

Thanks Wingsnhammers,

Actually the issue isn't that there are air bubbles... those are glue bubbles. I kinda put it on a little thick. But that is a good tip to remember about getting some glue under the floor if needed. Thanks!

Following up on the mount made for the trolling motor I had to build some brackets for the anchor system I've got for the boat.

It's a Minn Kota Deckmate and came with a roller system you mount on the front or rear of the boat to guide the rope in. I've got no flat areas up front to mount it directly to so we had to build some brackets of some sort to hold it on. Read the captions to follow and you'll understand better the solution I came up with.

Found the mounting location, problem is I need a flat area. None to be had so I have to make up at least 2.5 inch's of material under the rope guide.
IMG499.jpg

Here's the ultimate solution I came up with. Just used some basic hand tools and a vice on my work bench to do this.
IMG498.jpg

I used some 1.5 inch flat bar aluminum bent up to fit how I wanted... How did I get that nice curve in that thing? With a vice and elbow grease. I used a socket that was approximately the same size as my rail to bend the aluminum around.
IMG506.jpg

Finished up with some 90 deg bends..
IMG508.jpg

cut the tabs off that I used to hold it in the vice then affixed to rail..
IMG509.jpg

Here are the brackets in place with the guide on top. I'll be securing them to the deck after vinyl is down. I'll also drill some extra holes in the guide to attach it as the bar was 1/2 in short in width.
IMG510.jpg

All done.. the unit snugs up to the brackets and just sits over the top of them for a nice flush look.
IMG511.jpg

Shot of the front deck layout and where things are going to be. I put the seat in and sat down to make sure everything was in a good position relative to fishing location.
IMG512.jpg

Daily progress report..

I needed to make a gauge cluster to go on the front of the boat to hold the Volt Meter for the Trolling battery, a 12v plug and a switch to turn them on and off. So that's what got done today.

I wanted the plug up front so I could use a Q-Beam up there or plug in a cell or something up front.

I decided to throw the ON/OFF switch up there cause that 12v plug and gauge are going to be powered off the trolling battery and needed to be switched so that I wouldn't get any current draw when not wanted.

Here's the pic's

Small gauge cluster box..
IMG513.jpg

Inside.
IMG514.jpg

Holes cut out.
IMG515.jpg

Here it is finished. I took the rivets out then covered the individual pieces with vinyl then put it back together again.
IMG517.jpg

Where it's going to be eventually.
IMG519.jpg

Status Update,

Took the weekend off to go watch the Gators lose at SC. We didn't win but at least we made SC look stupid for 4 quarters of the game.. #10.. pffft. Anyhow, on to boat stuff. I got the vinyl down on the front deck and got most of the electronics installed up there. I also got the TM Mount painted and installed. On to the pictures.

This was going to be a problem. There was a pretty big gap of a channel between the front deck and the piece of square tube i put up front.. needed a way to get rid of or fill in that gap so the vinyl wouldn't get holes poked into it.
IMG520.jpg

The solution was to make a long piece of angle from some flat sheet and fit it in there to give that vinyl something to sit on top of.
IMG521.jpg

Here it is in place ready to be decked over.
IMG522.jpg

Looking Good.
IMG523.jpg

TM mount base riveted down.
IMG003.jpg

Shot of the front deck with everything in place. I drilled holes for the wire's to go thru and used some hard rubber grommets to protect the cables from the sharp aluminum edges.
IMG004.jpg

TM base with cover attatched.
IMG007.jpg

Hey All,

Not much of an update.. but here it is.

We decided to paint the top rail black, so here it is all taped off and a new coat of shiny black on it.

IMG013.jpg

IMG015.jpg

A few updates,

Not a lot of major stuff accomplished but small needed things got done. It's been raining here alot the last few day's and even thou I'm working in the garage it keeps me from moving out to the driveway for space to cut sheet metal and I need it dry to apply carpet anyhow.

So what did I get done? Well, I put vinyl on the livewell cover and shined up the hinge before re-installing it all.

Got all the wiring for the horn done up and installed another switch for it up front. I had an old bigfoot switch that was used with the old trolling motors and I decided that would make a great front area horn switch .. now I can blast the horn without getting out of my seat and going back to the console when I'm river fishing.

Got the trolling motor cake pan painted and vinyl inside.. placed some small bolts for it to sit on that go thru the screw down holes in the foot control, this keeps it from sliding around in that tray when i've got it there and also lets me pick it up out of the tray and move it around on the deck if I want. I also got it all wired up to power and a hole and rubber grommet in my pan.

Wired up the front mini gauge cluster to power and tested SAT.

I also finished with the anchor install. And installed a light and switch for the livewell.

Livewell top covered.
IMG027.jpg

Livewell Light and micro switch right above to the left.
IMG029.jpg

Bigfoot Horn switch.
IMG033.jpg

Anchor install complete.
IMG040.jpg

Pre-Holiday update,

Got out in the garage today and did some minor things...

There was a nice big void right behind the gas fill and in front of the electronics bay that wasn't being used so we picked up a small rubbermaid tote to put in there. The one I picked up at the store fit almost perfect in that hole. I've got a nice thru hull deck access cover to go over the top of it and we're going to use it as a rope locker.

I also put the cleats in place.. we got some of the snazzy S-type that you wrap the rope thru instead of the old style. So 2 per side front and back for that.

I got the horn mounted in place. It's a mini air horn but its a wierd shape and size and putting it anywhere on the deck would have looked akward. I also couldn't put it inside the console I built cause that big magnet inside throws the compass off by about 30 deg's. I brain stormed about where to put this stupid thing for a long time.. actually over the past month or so I was always wondering what I was going to do with it then I found the answer.. I'll let the pictures speak for my solution.

Cleats aft.
IMG064.jpg

Cleats fwd.
IMG065.jpg

Rope locker.
IMG067.jpg

Access cover that's going to go over the locker.
IMG072.jpg

Horn mounted just aft of the front seat between the 2 support braces. Fit like I thought about that all along. You'll notice its sticking up out of the deck a bit.
IMG094.jpg

Solution! Vent cover.. bonus I'll get some air flow into that fuel tank void to blow thru the grill above the livewell.
IMG096.jpg

It won't be a trip hazard under the front seat and so close to the mount.
IMG097.jpg

Latest posts