More Pickerel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishinsMyLife

Reaction score
I didn't really want to start a new topic just for more pickerel pictures but I figured I might as well because no one else is posting in here. These pictures are from a couple days ago and I'm just getting around to posting them. Both were caught on an X-Rap. One was following my brother's X-Rap but wouldn't hit it. He pulled his bait out the water and the pickerel swam under the dock. I threw my bait out and twitched it a couple times and he came up and hit at it, missing it but getting my line in his mouth. I pulled out the slack, he shook his head and luckily got hooked. I got it on the dock as my line popped from being frayed up from the pick's teeth. As soon as I got him out the water, I thought that he looked fat. I felt the fish's stomach and could tell it had just eaten a bluegill a couple ounces bigger than a Mattlures and still had an inch of its tail sticking out its throat. Has anyone else seen that before? I thought with the water being cold, the fish would be eating less often but that pickerel didn't finish one meal before starting another. The other pickerel was caught like the first, following my bait and swiping at it twice before getting hooked right by the dock.
zzzzzzzzzzz223455.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzz2234556.jpg

Latest posts