Most Annoying TV Commercials

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever noticed how young children (toddler age) will not pay attention to the tv....until a commercial comes on. I've done something a couple of times with some of my classes (high school students) when we have some down-time: I'll have the tv on (news/weather) and the students will be talking-up a storm not paying attention. Then I'll turn the tv off and they'll stop talking and look at the tv. I turn the tv back on and they start talking again. I think they just like the background noise from the tv.
headscratch_shrug_smilie.gif

TV is much of the problem with todays society....the majority of it is mind-numbing rubbish. And media?.....in the states it's a joke, you seldom get the truth......you're spoon-fed BS mostly.

ST

Captain Ahab said:
jkbirocz said:
I don't know what the range of freecreditreport.com, so I don't know how many of you have seen them, but I cannot stand their commercials. I would love to punch every idiot that sings the stupid jingles.

Man - did you forget about the "Doodle Bug"

I meant Jitter Bug - the cell phone thingy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q3UAT4A-SY

I got another one, those pizza hut pasta commercials, esp the one where the one women called the mac'n cheese with bacon
"so decadent"

SlimeTime said:
TV is much of the problem with todays society....the majority of it is mind-numbing rubbish. And media?.....in the states it's a joke, you seldom get the truth......you're spoon-fed BS mostly.

ST

Agree 100%

Captain Ahab said:
Captain Ahab said:
jkbirocz said:
I don't know what the range of freecreditreport.com, so I don't know how many of you have seen them, but I cannot stand their commercials. I would love to punch every idiot that sings the stupid jingles.

Man - did you forget about the "Doodle Bug"

I meant Jitter Bug - the cell phone thingy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q3UAT4A-SY

I like the concept of that phone for people who are tech challenged.Those jingles are child like.What were they thinking.

slim357 said:
I got another one, those pizza hut pasta commercials, esp the one where the one women called the mac'n cheese with bacon
"so decadent"

That stood out to me as well.I guess they were going for that,but no real food critic would rate pasta that good. [-X

This is why I stick by my original post.I hate all commercials.They're crap. :mrgreen:

Waterwings said:
Have you ever noticed how young children (toddler age) will not pay attention to the tv....until a commercial comes on. I've done something a couple of times with some of my classes (high school students) when we have some down-time: I'll have the tv on (news/weather) and the students will be talking-up a storm not paying attention. Then I'll turn the tv off and they'll stop talking and look at the tv. I turn the tv back on and they start talking again.

It's because they're being "programmed"........it's no different than becoming dependent on anything else. Alot of people accomplish alot of things with mind-control & subliminal messages.

We're told to drink 8 glasses of water a day, but are you aware the flouride put into our drinking water causes mental retardation? Google it if you don't believe it.......

ST

FishingBuds said:
Now the funny one is for the stains, where the guy is getting interviewed for a job and his stain keeps jabbering on his shirt :lol:

I was doing that same thing to the wife the other day. She saw humor in it for like 5 seconds.

I can tune out most commercials. What irks me is that crap they show on the screen while the show is on. TNT is big on that. I don't want to watch picture in picture commercials while trying to watch another show.

Latest posts