Motor Troubles

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Are no longer mine. I changed the 2 plugs, addes some fule treatment and Stabil. Took her out to the water and......better than when I braught her home. Started with the first turn of the key, really super smooth. I am so psyched you have no idea. Below are the pics of the 2 old plugs and a new one

Attachments

• plugs.jpg
    plugs.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,862
One old plug looks like it was run with too little oil the other with too much. Bad gas will do that as well.

Glad to hear you are back in action

I think it was the bad gas! It was my fault, I put it in my garage during the winter and never winterized it or put anything in the fuel. I am going to hopefully burn through the tank this wekend when we go to Maine for 4 days. :D

Jim - I do not know how much gas is in your tank, but you might be better off draining the tank, cleaning it and putting in good gas. Use the old gas in the lawnmower, etc.

It would suck to have to get a tow in becuase of a few gallons of gas

esquired said:
Jim - I do not know how much gas is in your tank, but you might be better off draining the tank, cleaning it and putting in good gas. Use the old gas in the lawnmower, etc.

It would suck to have to get a tow in becuase of a few gallons of gas

I thought of that, But its about 10 gallons (tank is 13)...Im going to have to burn it. Im hoping some long runs up and down the lake will burn it all away. A 25hp 4 stroke will take a few hours LOL!